Topics

elves are at it

Dexter N Muir

> Would a bigger salary habe enhanced any thing of real importance?

Yes, Leland. It would have given (me anyway) more resources to do more and learn more, and more leisure to THINK.
73 de ZL2DEX

Leland Lannoye

Sounds like many experiences I have heard both in and out of the confessional.  Would a bigger salary habe enhanced any thing of real importance?

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 1/1/18 14:30 (GMT-05:00)
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] elves are at it

If I ever run across the guidance couselor that told me electronics was the wave of the future when I was in high school 50 years ago I would punch him in the nose...hi hi..I learned that it takes years of education and training to become an electronics engineer, but no training what so ever to be an electronics engineer's boss. so after 40 years of below average wages I retired. so it looks like we had similar experiences.
My boss whose mission was to keep wages down and 'evaluate performance' even though he had no experience at it, made twice as much as I did.
hi hi..But Im  not bitter...
Brian K9WIS

Dave Bottom <ars.kd6az@...>

Jack,

I keep trying to retire. I swear the third time must be the charm. I could be good at retirement. 

Ok on hardware, coming back was fun. Software that was 25 to 50 years ago (yes software at hp in 1967), So hope to join the new millennium now. LOL

Dave WI6R

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 1, 2018, at 11:01 AM, Dexter N Muir <dexy@...> wrote:

Retirement would be good if ...
From age about 6 I knew I'd be involved in Electronics in some form. Here in NZ that calling is treated as a J.O.B. - Just Over Broke. Result: the career (Electronics, later 'and computing' Technician) had a 'use by' date and at 50, having never earned the national 'average' income, I was too old - on the scrap-heap - with 15 years of useful and gainful employment available till 'retirement age'. Now on pension, scraping by with no reserves ...
Your mileage has varied, and I envy you your comfort and productivity ...
73 de ZL2DEX

B C

If I ever run across the guidance couselor that told me electronics was the wave of the future when I was in high school 50 years ago I would punch him in the nose...hi hi..I learned that it takes years of education and training to become an electronics engineer, but no training what so ever to be an electronics engineer's boss. so after 40 years of below average wages I retired. so it looks like we had similar experiences.
My boss whose mission was to keep wages down and 'evaluate performance' even though he had no experience at it, made twice as much as I did.
hi hi..But Im not bitter...
Brian K9WIS

K9HZ <bill@...>

Looking to killing it in retirement.  The rest is blurry. 

Dr. William J. Schmidt - K9HZ J68HZ 8P6HK ZF2HZ PJ4/K9HZ VP5/K9HZ PJ2/K9HZ

Owner - Operator

Big Signal Ranch – K9ZC

Staunton, Illinois

Owner – Operator

Villa Grand Piton - J68HZ

Soufriere, St. Lucia W.I.

Rent it: www.VillaGrandPiton.com

email:  bill@...

On Jan 1, 2018, at 1:01 PM, Dexter N Muir <dexy@...> wrote:

From age about 6 I knew I'd be involved in Electronics in some form. Here in NZ that calling is treated as a J.O.B. - Just Over Broke. Result: the career (Electronics, later 'and computing' Technician) had a 'use by' date and at 50, having never earned the national 'average' income, I was too old - on the scrap-heap - with 15 years of useful and gainful employment available till 'retirement age'. Now on pension, scraping by with no reserves ...
73 de ZL2DEX

Dexter N Muir

73 de ZL2DEX

Jack, W8TEE

Sounds like you're just like me: Love to build stuff, but not too smart in the EE part...decent at software. Really getting into it with retirement...discovered I'm really good at retirement!

Jack, W8TEE

Sent: Monday, January 1, 2018 3:34 AM

Hi Jack,

Nice GT-550!

Yes I got quite addicted while cleaning out storage about 8 years ago.  Restored about 90 radios before shifting back to modern gear.  
Building stuff is still my favorite.

I can't tell you how much the uBITX reminds me of my SBE SB-33 (SF-1) like the one on my QRZ page with the matching linear.

73 Dave WI6R

On Sun, Dec 31, 2017 at 8:28 PM, Jack Purdum via Groups.Io <jjpurdum@...> wrote:
Loved looking at your old gear on QRZ. I saw the Galaxy V; just sold my old GT-550:

Inline image

Big mistake...

Jack, W8TEE

Sent: Sunday, December 31, 2017 6:58 PM

QRZ has changed their link policy so you’ll have to type in my call sign for now.

Dave WI6R

On Dec 31, 2017, at 3:55 PM, Dave Bottom <ars.kd6az@...> wrote:

Happy New Year to all.

Received mine on the 24th (lucky I ordered on the 10th).

Got my case yesterday late afternoon and finished the case prep before turning in.

Wired up this morning. It’s alive!!!
First contact 600 Miles - 59 report.

See top of my QRZ page for pictures.

Off to build a Mic pre-amp with Mic Gain control. Then work on paddle interface.

Dave WI6R

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 31, 2017, at 3:36 PM, Tom Christian <tmchristian@...> wrote:

Same here 12/23 date. Pretty excited!  Thank you, Farhan!
Tom
AB7WT

--
73 Dave WI6R

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Hi Jack,

Nice GT-550!

Yes I got quite addicted while cleaning out storage about 8 years ago.  Restored about 90 radios before shifting back to modern gear.  
Building stuff is still my favorite.

I can't tell you how much the uBITX reminds me of my SBE SB-33 (SF-1) like the one on my QRZ page with the matching linear.

73 Dave WI6R

On Sun, Dec 31, 2017 at 8:28 PM, Jack Purdum via Groups.Io <jjpurdum@...> wrote:
Loved looking at your old gear on QRZ. I saw the Galaxy V; just sold my old GT-550:

Inline image

Big mistake...

Jack, W8TEE

QRZ has changed their link policy so you’ll have to type in my call sign for now.

Dave WI6R

Happy New Year to all.

Got my case yesterday late afternoon and finished the case prep before turning in.

Off to build a Mic pre-amp with Mic Gain control. Then work on paddle interface.

Dave WI6R

Sent from my iPhone

Tom
AB7WT

--
73 Dave WI6R

Jack, W8TEE

Inline image

Big mistake...

Jack, W8TEE

Dave WI6R

Happy New Year to all.

Dave WI6R

Sent from my iPhone

Tom
AB7WT

Dave WI6R

Happy New Year to all.

Dave WI6R

Sent from my iPhone

Tom
AB7WT

Happy New Year to all.

Dave WI6R

Sent from my iPhone

Tom
AB7WT

chris gress <Chrisg0wfh@...>

I just ordered mine tonight so time to wait for it to come chris 

On 31 Dec 2017 23:36, "Tom Christian" <tmchristian@...> wrote:
Tom
AB7WT

Tom Christian

Tom
AB7WT

bill richardson

Same here and I ordered on 15 Dec.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 31, 2017, at 12:46 PM, Art Howard <k0kuk.vhf@...> wrote:

I meant to say I got the same mail a couple of days ago but mine was ordered the 18th of December

On 31 Dec 2017 8:12 am, "WA9GQT via Groups.Io" <WA9GQT=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

I just received this post today(Dec 31).

Dear Customer,
Happy New Year!

We have received your payment of USD 119 on December 23, 2017 through Paypal. Your payment has been included in the 'Pre order' list. The orders are being shipped in the order of the payment received. It is difficult for us to estimate the shipping date for your order. However, we are putting our best efforts to ship them asap. The tracking details of the shipment will be updated on the Paypal transaction once the order is shipped.
We are overwhelmed with your response for micro BITX and we are encouraged to do better and roll out new products.
Please cooperate with us for the delay in shipping your orders. We look forward to your continued patronage. In case, you have any issues, get in touch with us at hfsignals@...

HFSignals Team

Thank you Ashhar
Happy New Year,
73, Rod WA9GQT

Art Howard

I meant to say I got the same mail a couple of days ago but mine was ordered the 18th of December

On 31 Dec 2017 8:12 am, "WA9GQT via Groups.Io" <WA9GQT=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Dear Customer,
Happy New Year!

We have received your payment of USD 119 on December 23, 2017 through Paypal. Your payment has been included in the 'Pre order' list. The orders are being shipped in the order of the payment received. It is difficult for us to estimate the shipping date for your order. However, we are putting our best efforts to ship them asap. The tracking details of the shipment will be updated on the Paypal transaction once the order is shipped.
We are overwhelmed with your response for micro BITX and we are encouraged to do better and roll out new products.
Please cooperate with us for the delay in shipping your orders. We look forward to your continued patronage. In case, you have any issues, get in touch with us at hfsignals@...

HFSignals Team

Thank you Ashhar
Happy New Year,
73, Rod WA9GQT

Art Howard

I got the same mail a couple of days ago

Dear Customer,
Happy New Year!

HFSignals Team

Thank you Ashhar
Happy New Year,
73, Rod WA9GQT

Vince Vielhaber

So did I, my date's different from yours tho. I only ordered Thurs nite.

Vince.

On 12/31/2017 09:11 AM, WA9GQT via Groups.Io wrote:

Dear Customer,
Happy New Year!

We have received your payment of USD 119 on December 23, 2017 through
Paypal. Your payment has been included in the 'Pre order' list. The
orders are being shipped in the order of the payment received. It is
difficult for us to estimate the shipping date for your order. However,
we are putting our best efforts to ship them asap. The tracking details
of the shipment will be updated on the Paypal transaction once the order
is shipped.
We are overwhelmed with your response for micro BITX and we are
encouraged to do better and roll out new products.
Please cooperate with us for the delay in shipping your orders. We look
forward to your continued patronage. In case, you have any issues, get
in touch with us at hfsignals@... <mailto:hfsignals@...>

HFSignals Team

Thank you Ashhar
Happy New Year,
73, Rod WA9GQT

WA9GQT@...

Dear Customer,
Happy New Year!

HFSignals Team

Thank you Ashhar
Happy New Year,
73, Rod WA9GQT

VE7BEE

The single band units are a joy to build and modify . Even works on 160 ! A big THANK YOU to Ashhar Farhan and the rest of the team for an outstanding job with this latest multiband update. You have added some extra Christmas cheer to hams around the world with this latest announcement . ubitx will be Ham Radio Fun for sure :)

VE7BEE

count me in for 2 :) I will even prepay Ashhar