Topics

nextion display

pete torrance <wayfound2000@...>

can i fit a nextion display to a v3 ubitx ?
73 pete G4HAK

Evan Hand

I have not done a v3, however, the differences from a v4 are mostly in the audio, so yes you should be able to.

Checked on Github:
https://github.com/phdlee/ubitx/releases/tag/v1.20

There are v234 files in the archive, so yes, it should work.  Be sure to use the correct version for the screen that you will be using.

73
Evan
AC9TU

pete torrance <wayfound2000@...>

thats great thankyou Evan

_Dave_ AD0B

It brings a lot of menu items to the front panel. Can add noise. Have used 2.4, 2.8, 3.2 and 3.5", which was far and away better than the smaller ones. Make sure that there is enough room to fit it in. I drew a template for one.
73

pete torrance <wayfound2000@...>

Thanks dave. That's very useful think ihave room for the 2.8.
theres so many different screens available though. Can you recommend one?
73

Evan Hand

I would be careful with the 2.8” screen. The tft files that I found for the enhanced version were corrupt, and the source needs to be compiled on the LTS version of the Nextion editor. You get an out of memory error on the newest version of the editor.  The basic version of the 2.8” tft file worked.  I bought a basic version after I could not find an enhanced file version that would work. I also downgraded the editor and verified that the source for the enhanced version would compile and then loaded onto the enhanced version that I have.  I did that when I noticed that there was an old version of the editor on the Nextion web page

I have not seen any benefit from the enhanced versions of the Nextion screens, so would go with cost and availability.

FWIW, the above was my experience.

73
Evan
AC9TU

pete torrance <wayfound2000@...>

Again that's very helpful. Thanks for the tip on the software as well. Feel more co fident now so ordering now.
Much 73

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy A3 2016 - powered by Three

[...]

the 2.8 and 3.2 are both the same height and vertical hole centers. With the 3.2 being longer. This is the model number and files I used for a 3.2

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3342327
Dave
ADOB
Raduino bracket and Ham_Made_Keys