Topics

USB extender cable #v6

McRuss

Is this supposed to be included in the kit?  I don't seem to have one.  The instructions for completing the kit mentions attaching it so it seems it should be included.
--
Newbie
K5FJR

Reed N

I think the cable only comes in the full kit with the case. However, if you did get the full kit, then I would have expected you to get that cable.

Reed

McRuss

Aha! Thanks!   No, I got the basic kit.  I was looking at the instructions for the full kit and that is where the USB cable is mentioned.  No biggie, I did get the cable minus the USB connector.  I assume that the USB is used for expanded mods to the radio?
--
Newbie
K5FJR

Don - KM4UDX

Hello!  My view -- two uses:
1) software updates.
2) CAT control via USB.

You have to do #1 to get #2. (Now that sounds funny...)

After you do #2, you have digital modes under computer control (WSJT-X, Fldigi, etc.).

And your life will be changed forever.

Don
Km4udx