Topics

uBitx V6 transmit issues #ubitx-help #v6 #ubitxv6

chad.rose@...

Ok.  So received my uBitx V6 a couple weeks ago.  Assembled it, aligned it, and applied 13.8v power.  Spun the dial a bit and listened to ssb on 40m.  So today I'm ready to test it out on ssb phone and press the ptt button... the screen shows that the ptt is being pressed by showing tx.  But I'm not getting any output according to my in-line watt meter.  I turned on my other transceiver and tuned to same frequency and nothing on ssb phone.  I put the uBitx in cw mode, pressed the ptt, and could hear it on my other radio.  But again no power out readable on my watt meter.  Also, not sure if this means anything or not but the little LED on the included baofeng microphone is not lighting.   Thanks in advance for any useful ideas.

Rene

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 10:59 PM, <chad.rose@...> wrote:
[...]

 I don't know if this helps you but the baofeng is not the best quality and the wires are verry thin. Maybe 1 of them broke??

Mick

Chad,
also make sure you are transmitting within the Ham bands. The ubitx won’t tx if you are outside of the bands. This happened to me once I wasn’t paying close attention and tried to tx on 40meter at 7.301 MHz. Mic tx light lit up but no output. Same with CW.
1st I panicked, I thought I blew something up. Then I felt silly.

Mick VA3EPM

chad.rose@...

I tested continuity using a dvm and it seems to have it.  I will get another hand mic and give it a test.  I'm thinking that it worked at first but it has been too many days since I tried it.  Thanks I'll give this idea a shot.

chad.rose@...

Great one Mick... I'm going to get it plugged back in and see where I was testing.  Would be funny to me if that's where I went wrong.  haha

_Dave_ AD0B

Did you talk into the microphone? One would assume so but you didn't say. As you know SSB doesn't have a carrier.

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 04:59 PM, <chad.rose@...> wrote:
Ok.  So received my uBitx V6 a couple weeks ago.  Assembled it, aligned it, and applied 13.8v power.  Spun the dial a bit and listened to ssb on 40m.  So today I'm ready to test it out on ssb phone and press the ptt button... the screen shows that the ptt is being pressed by showing tx.  But I'm not getting any output according to my in-line watt meter.  I turned on my other transceiver and tuned to same frequency and nothing on ssb phone.  I put the uBitx in cw mode, pressed the ptt, and could hear it on my other radio.  But again no power out readable on my watt meter.  Also, not sure if this means anything or not but the little LED on the included baofeng microphone is not lighting.   Thanks in advance for any useful ideas.
73
Dave
ADOB
Raduino bracket and Ham_Made_Keys