Topics

uBitx v6 Microphone #v6

Rene

Hello to all, here we go again. When i connect the uBitx to the dummyload(still no licence) and i push on tx on microphone, my receiver(mvt 7110) with earplug, gives a verry loud witle, tone on the transmitting frequntie.
All the bands i tryed and on all the places the same tone. So i tryed to disconnect the speaker and microphone and the push on tx, same problem.....so no audio in and stil the high tone??
somebody maybe same problem??
what could be the problem??
regards,
Rene
Netherlands

Hi Rene,

It sounds like your BFO is not calibrated.  Have you done that yet?  I think these radios are not calibrated before they are shipped -- it is left up to the user.

There is a weblink here to assist with that:

https://www.hfsignals.com/index.php/bfo-tuning-aid/

73,

Mark

Rene

Ja dat deed ik, maar misschien moet ik het opnieuw doen. Het klinkt als een hoge toon. Door te zenden op verschillende frequenties, laat mijn yupiteru-ontvanger zien dat de zendfrequentie correct is.
Maar bedankt voor de tip, ik zal het opnieuw proberen.
Met vriendelijke groet
Rene
Nederland

_Dave_ AD0B

Is it in CW mode?
Dave
ADOB
Raduino bracket and Ham_Made_Keys

Hi,

I assumed you had the radio in SSB mode, but maybe Dave is correct?  How do SSB signals sound on the radio?  Good and similar to other SSB radios?

The BFO is not for setting the correct transmission/reception frequency, there is a separate calibration for that.

73,

Mark

Rene

No, i don't use cw, but now the problem is even bigger😶 i tryed to calibrate again, but the am signals here are week and the ones there are, are next to each other. So i tryed yester day to calibrate again but seems not to work out. This afternoon i'll try again. Thanks for reply.
Greetz
Rene

Rene

Ok Mark, de ssb-signalen zijn goed, nu zonder licentie, ik luister on the bands, most 20 and 40 meters. The tone i hear is like the high tone you here when you start to caibrate, its much louder then my voice and if i disconnect the microphone and push on the key, then TX start to work and still the tone is there. It is also with dummyload and antenna...

Ashhar Farhan

it was simply the feedback from the speaker back into the mic, i guess. by now, i guess you have also changed the calibration of your radio. trying to listen to an ssb on a nearby radio is quite useless. the radio will overload the the carrier will be very loud. the audio from the speaker of the receiving radio will burst into the mic and loop around creating squeals.
- f

On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 11:57 AM Rene <rmvanb@...> wrote:
Ok Mark, de ssb-signalen zijn goed, nu zonder licentie, ik luister on the bands, most 20 and 40 meters. The tone i hear is like the high tone you here when you start to caibrate, its much louder then my voice and if i disconnect the microphone and push on the key, then TX start to work and still the tone is there. It is also with dummyload and antenna...

Rene

I have the speaker from the baofeng microphone removed and put a new electred in the microphone, every move i make seems to be worse......maybe gonna drive with my car over it. Pffffff if i reed al those massages, it should be easy but man o man. I feel now sorry that i diddn't bought a Icom or something cause all those problems. Starting with wishkey now, maybe better ;-(((

Rene

Now i have the radio dis manteled, and try to build it up again....but no hope for it, 250 euro in the trascan maybe???

Rene

Is there maybe a diffrent software i can put on the raduno?? or a total reset??

Evan Hand

There is other software, but none of them are going to solve your problems.  They change some of the operation, or add features that are not there now.  Nothing to solve the calibration, low audio,  and feedback issues you have listed so far.

My recommendation is to put the radio back together and then follow the instructions for calibration from Farhan in this YouTube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6LGXhS4_O8&feature=youtu.be

The BFO calibration page used in the video is here:
https://www.hfsignals.com/index.php/bfo-tuning-aid/

If you follow the steps in the video, you should be able to get the ubitx receive function working.

I did not follow all of the mic/audio issues you are having, however the most common is low audio followed by RF feedback through the coiled mic cord back into radio.

There is no easy solution for the low audio other than a new mic or addition of a preamp.

The RF feedback is solved with .01 mF across the lead from the mic to ground inside the ubitx chases and a snap on ferrite over the straight part of the mic cord just before the connector.  I do not have a v6 so can not send you a picture of how and where to add the capacitor.  Hopefully someone on the message board can help with that.

I feel sorry for you that you are having so much trouble with the kit.  I hope you can look at it as an opportunity to learn and a hunt to fix the problems.  For me that has been the most fun that I have gotten from the 3 that I own.

Good luck in the reassembly and calibration.
73
Evan
AC9TU

Curt

Rene

Lets get a bfo setting value from another v6 or v5 owner. That would get you close. We can address transmit audio later. Let's keep the steps small, no bold changes yet.

Curt wb8yyy

Richard

for a BFO frequency that works for my V.6 is 11.056.0

MVS Sarma

The BFO settibg depend on the crystal filter that your board has. Thus each board is unique . You may not use ithers' bfo setting.
Sarma vu3zmv

On Fri, 13 Mar 2020, 7:08 am Curt via Groups.Io, <wb8yyy=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Rene

Lets get a bfo setting value from another v6 or v5 owner. That would get you close. We can address transmit audio later. Let's keep the steps small, no bold changes yet.

Curt wb8yyy

Rene

Oké iedereen, bedankt voor het beantwoorden. De C die ik op de microfoonlijn moet plaatsen, is misschien een oplossing? Maar voorlopig heb ik gisteren geprobeerd om de radio stap voor stap in elkaar te zetten ... Ik ben begonnen met het moederbord en daarna heb ik de raduno erop gezet. Ik heb de draden aangesloten en ...... het werkt, audio niet zo geweldig en microfoon ook niet zo geweldig, maar geen toon aan de zijkant. Maar .... toen probeerde ik de voorkant van de sluiting te plaatsen en ik zag (vanmiddag maak ik foto's) dat het raduno bord en het scherm niet in de voorkant passen ?? Ik moet de raduino ongeveer 5 of 6 mm uit de connector trekken. De montage van de raduino is slecht en past niet goed. Dus ik heb wat kleine o-ringen gevonden and i am gonna place them under the mainboard for just that .5mm rise. The next problem is that the hole's for mike, phones and volume are  on the right place...😶😶 so this story continues

Rene

Okay, you can see the hole for the screw, after pulling up the raiduno it wil fit but i think cause of all the problems i had, som contacts will not connect with the motherboard

Ugh!

That would mess things up :-(

Good luck getting it all straight.  The main thing is to keep the connections well plugged in, and to make sure you get a good ground connection at each screw or stand-off.

That mis-alignment is pretty bad though.  Are there different size stand-offs in the kit?  Maybe different ones on the main board would raise it enough so the front will line up?

73,

Mark.

Rene

I have placed an o ring under every socket for the motherboard, aprox .7mm thick. More is a problem couse of the holes for the mok,phones and  volume. And yes this is bad cause of bad measering or bad screen production, i have this problem now.
So i put the radio together problems are not soleved. Other thinking, maybe place an nextion screen with the other software? But again, when this is not realy the problem, i spend again money for nothing😣😣. Next weekend i have some off days and i go try again. Thx for helping you all.
73

Hi Rene,

I see now about the holes. I think what I would do is to mount the mainboard normally so that all the jacks and controls line up with the holes.  The I would make some kind of extension cable for the display.  Maybe an old floppy drive cable would work -- the cable socket pin spacing could be correct and then you could cut the cable and solder the wires directly to the pins on the board.

If you think the case is made incorrectly, they should send you another one at their cost.

73,

Mark