Topics

not sound from speaker v.6

danilo datres

hello, from in3izq danilo from italy. have received  some days ago my  new  v6 . have a little  problem.  not have  sound  from  speaker .  in many  video have heard a strong voice,  hear  only  with headphone..  how is  problem ?
tnx in advance, but i'm a newbie   with raduino   and ubitx.  best  dx  to all .   '73  in3izq danilo

Evan Hand

Congratulations on getting and putting together your ubitx!

You are the second person that has requested help on this forum with the speaker not working but do have audio with the earphones.

My best guess is that there is an issue with your earphone jack.  There is a built in switch that switches out the speaker when the earphone is plugged in.  The only way that I know to check it is to try a jumper on the earphone jack to see if the speaker will work then.  Check the v6 schematic from HFSignals to get the pin numbers to jumper.  It is J3 on the lower left hand corner of the schematic.

https://www.hfsignals.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/ubitxv6.pdf

The other option is to connect the speaker to the pin 7 of the AUDIO1 header at the top of the schematic.  This is just testing the speaker, as we already know that the audio is coming out through the earphone.

Good luck and happy bug hunting!

73
Evan
AC9TU

Arv Evans

Evan, and Farhan

Wire connections for the speaker jack are shown at the bottom of the drawing.

It does take a bit of looking to figure out just how it should work.  When the headphone
plug is not inserted, switch-contacts R/N and T/TN should be closed and providing audio
to pin-2 of the speaker connection.  When the headphone plug is inserted these switches
will be open and audio provided to Tip and Ring of the headphone plug.  First check that
you have a ground connection to pin-1 of the speaker connector.

Arv
_._