Topics

Newbie Help Needed

David Wolovitz <dwolovitz@...>

Appreciate the responses.

Eventually I will get a Nexion display but would like to get it back to original V6 firmware.  Can someone point me in the right direction? 

Again, THANKS

Brian Webster

Someone else my contradict me but it was my understanding that the KB8CEC firmware was not set up to work with the touch screen display on the v6 radios? I have seen posts where people have used the v^ and the Nexion touch display but I haven’t found anywhere that says it works with the v6 default touch screen display.

Brian N2KGC

From: BITX20@groups.io [mailto:BITX20@groups.io] On Behalf Of David Wolovitz
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2020 12:59 PM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: [BITX20] Newbie Help Needed

Hi all:

Got my Ubitx V6w/standard touch screen display and it WAS working fine. 

Then I tried to upgrade to KB8CEC's V1.2 and while the display lights and I hear birdies, there is no text or images on the display.

I used Xloader to connect and upload V1.200_NX.hex and it showed 30548 Bytes uploaded.  Wrong hex file???

Any assistance or suggested appreciated!  Step by step instructions would be great.  Too much conflicting information to sort out!

Thanks es 73
David, Wa3DNM

Mike WA0YCN

David,

Were you expecting the CEC software to work with the display that comes with v6?  The CEC code works with Nextion (intelligent) displays.  It's a four wire connection to the Raduino.

Mike

David Wolovitz <dwolovitz@...>

Hi all:

Got my Ubitx V6w/standard touch screen display and it WAS working fine. 

Then I tried to upgrade to KB8CEC's V1.2 and while the display lights and I hear birdies, there is no text or images on the display.

I used Xloader to connect and upload V1.200_NX.hex and it showed 30548 Bytes uploaded.  Wrong hex file???

Any assistance or suggested appreciated!  Step by step instructions would be great.  Too much conflicting information to sort out!

Thanks es 73
David, Wa3DNM