Topics

Kit ordeed but questions

KE2GKB

I have to agree with curt none of them are really a traditional agc including the one I designed backed off ND6T's circuit. Ours works by attenuating the RF coming into the rig based on the audio out level for a pretty functional experience with no over driving of the audio amplifiers due to it being "Pre-Attenuated"
That said the shameless plug is http://shop.kit-projects.com but we are definitely not the only option out there look around! I have many happy reports of the VK3YE agc circuit as well.

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 9:15 AM Rick Tilton <rtilton@...> wrote:
Thanks Dean!   Again, I may have more questions.

Tnx Rick WK4R

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 6:50 AM Dean Souleles <dsouleles@...> wrote:
Hi Rick,

60 works fine. I use the CEC firmware, and I program the 5 channels into memory slots.  That makes tuning easy, just a button push or two.  I've made many SSB and digital QSOs.

73,
Dean
KK4DAS

--
73,

Rick WK4R

--
73,

Rick WK4R

--
Tim Keller - KE2GKB
https://shop.kit-projects.com

Rick Tilton

Thanks Dean!   Again, I may have more questions.

Tnx Rick WK4R

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 6:50 AM Dean Souleles <dsouleles@...> wrote:
Hi Rick,

60 works fine. I use the CEC firmware, and I program the 5 channels into memory slots.  That makes tuning easy, just a button push or two.  I've made many SSB and digital QSOs.

73,
Dean
KK4DAS

--
73,

Rick WK4R

--
73,

Rick WK4R

Rick Tilton

Thanks Curt!  I may have more questions!

73,

Rick WK4R

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 10:22 PM Curt via Groups.Io <wb8yyy=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Rick

160m is easy, it just needs an external low pass filter to reject 3.6 MHz second harmonic by 43 dB or more. The stock firmware will reach there with a bunch of turns.

Best agc? None of the audio agc circuits will match what you are used to, they merely reduce very loud s9 plus signals. Opinions abound, even with this low suppression. I like the unusual vk3ye agc, perhaps because I got it to work before the others in my v4. any
Of these can be home brewed without a pc board, so try one or more.

I can't comment on 60m, and beware of the precision you need, at least here in the US of being precisely on channel. The parts do not work above 29 MHz.

Enjoy exploring the rig.

Curt

--
73,

Rick WK4R

--
73,

Rick WK4R

Dean Souleles

[...]

First, THANKS for the add!  Maybe premature BUT my plan is to get the kit HOPEFULLY next week and get it working.  THEN I have question which is the best AGC circuit?   It appears 160m and 60m are doable.  Those with success and any directions?  I'm not a code writer but may have to study on it NOW!.  Has anyone written code to add more bands?  Is radio capable with current LPF's and all the other components?

The v6 Nextion display conversion DEFINITELY has my eye but back to software.  Yes I know ONE STEP at a time. But am curious on these things.

Also enticed by the work of I think John Lannigan and adding transverters, AM and such. DEFINITELY AM!

Tnx & 73,

Rick WK4R

--
73,