Topics

Setup mode #v6

orders@...

New v6. SSB signals sound the same on both LSB and USB.  Need to adjust BFO.  I have pressed the knob once (able to select each button). I have pressed the knob twice rapidly ( fast tune mode). I have held down the knob for up to 10 seconds ( locks up display). But I have yet to discover the setup mode.  Also, tuning in a SSB signal on, say, 40 meters with LSB pressed it will sound perfect ( 250 Hz low in frequency readout, though). But when I change to USB nothing changes- it still sounds great. Same frequency, same sound. Moving to CW changes frequency as it should.  Is this normal?  And how can I get to the setup menu? Need CAT control also.   ...- - - ...

w4ish
bill

Reed N

Hi Bill,

There's a "gotcha" with the holding. Pressing and holding the button only works if you're in tuning mode. Try this:
  1. Power off radio
  2. Power on radio
  3. Press and hold tuning button for 10 seconds (or until menu comes up)

Reed

orders@...

Thanks, Reed.  I will try that first thing in the morning!  Maybe I counted to 10 too fast!  I’ve been known to be impatient before. Had a v4, but never got it to work very well.  Finally blew the NANO and destroyed the board attempting to unsolder it..
For the v6, the audio was horrible until I discovered that twisting the speaker made it sound better.  Replaced defective speaker with better quality one and now everything sounds better!  Need to add agc, though.

Bill.

Thummed from my iPad

sam

I can't enter setup mode even if I try below.  firmware V6.31
 why?
  1. Power off radio
  2. Power on radio
  3. Press and hold tuning button for 10 seconds (or until menu comes up)

barry halterman

Power off radio, press the button in, then power up...

On Sat, Feb 29, 2020, 9:34 PM <ja8jdq@...> wrote:
I can't enter setup mode even if I try below.  firmware V6.31
 why?
  1. Power off radio
  2. Power on radio
  3. Press and hold tuning button for 10 seconds (or until menu comes up)

Reed N

Holding the tuner button down when powering on goes into the three cal serial mode, not into the menu. Might still do what you need, but isn't necessarily the same.

Reed

sam

thank you to all
I go the menu