Topics

uBitx V6 working

Mick

Andy,
I have a little Beofeng radio and mic and the mic’s are known for their week mic signal so back in August I bought “10x5 mm 30-40 dB electret condenser microphone high sensitivity pickup” 5 pieces for $3.95 including shipping. This item is still available from eBay.
1 I replaced the small pick up with the 10 mm one. (I had to cut away the plastic ring around the small pickup)
2 I drilled a couple more small holes in the microphone face above where the new pick up sits
Mick VA3EPM

Andy_501 <andrew.webb.501.ve4per@...>

What did you do to upgrade the mic Mick?

On 2020-01-19 10:52 a.m., Mick wrote:
All,
After borrowing an antenna tuner, upgrading my Beofeng Mic, I made a successful QSO yesterday only to find myself in the NA-QSO Party :-) I could tell by listening that all was not normal and fortunately my first (ever) HF contact (Tom K3AJ) was kind enough to explain the rules.
So after a couple of hours I mad 14 QSO's on the 40 meter band and had a lot of fun.
Thanks to all in this group who help me with getting the V6 set up.

Mick VA3EPM

Mick

All,
After borrowing an antenna tuner, upgrading my Beofeng Mic, I made a successful QSO yesterday only to find myself in the NA-QSO Party :-) I could tell by listening that all was not normal and fortunately my first (ever) HF contact (Tom K3AJ) was kind enough to explain the rules.
So after a couple of hours I mad 14 QSO's on the 40 meter band and had a lot of fun.
Thanks to all in this group who help me with getting the V6 set up.

Mick VA3EPM