Topics

new nextion 5/7 hmi bug

Richard E Neese <kb3vgw@...>

When trying to compile the new nextion hmi posted Dec 1st the file will not compile on the nextion 7 basic mode it spits out a memory error and stops . This is on the new 0.59 version of the nextion editor

Mark Hatch

Hi

Away from my system for a few days. Can try to compile on my system when I get back next week.  Perhaps someone else can check this out in the meantime?

mark

Mark Hatch

Rich

It looks like on Facebook you reported Solvang this issue?

what was the problem?

73
Mark
AJ6CU

Richard E Neese <r.neese@...>

no it was not fixed on the basic , it compiles fone for the enhanced fime but you get a memory error when compiling for the basic

Mark Hatch

Enhanced has more memory. Surprised that it didn’t compile for basic, as I had no problems compiling it for basic 5”. I seem to remember that someone else had a compile problem for a basic. But don’t recall the fix.

when I am in front of my system late next week I will try it. I know that I ran this close to the maximum on the 5” basic.  One of the spectrum displays takes a lot of memory. Had to reduce it size to compile on the 5”basic.

73
Mark
AJ6CU

Mark Hatch

Sorry for the delay. Apparently the latest version of the Nextion Editor (V0.59) generates just enough additional code to result in  the "BASIC" versions running out of memory. Spent a couple hours trying to track it down and was not successful. HOWEVER...  Using Nextion Edtior V0.53, I compiled versions of both basic and enhanced for the 7" and 9".

Since I have none of these combinations, have to rely on someone else testing it for me... Let me know if there are any problems.

The location is  AJ6CU December Nextion Screen Release

Mark