Topics

#ubitx #ubitx-help #v5 Where to buy power socket #ubitx #ubitx-help #v5

Przemek

My power socket does not provide a good connection. Where can I buy new ones (preferably on aliexpress). What is the socket model

Alex Netherton

If I were putting in another power socket, I would use Anderson Power Poles. They give a positive connection, and are unlikely to be cross polarized.
I use them on everything!
73 de W5ALX

--
Alex Netherton, W5ALX
Buncombe County NC, EM85ro

Wayne Leake

 Some hams I knew in Californicated were using 120 V AC plugs on their radios. However, that is a piss poor Idea, considering what that voltage can quickly do to an item made for 12VDC, should someone happen to plug it into an AC outlet.
 The Powerpoles are nice, but a bit costly.
 I bought some sockets similar to the ones that came with the BITX 40 and the ubitx, as far as I know, on EBay pretty cheap. They are still pretty much ideal for the BITX and UNITS radios, and low cost to boot if you shop a bit.

Wayne WA2YNE

Jerry Gaffke

A three wire AC plug seems an excellent (ie, free!) choice for personal use.
Could key it by soldering a copper tube over the ground lug, and trimming the ground lug
socket off of the mating power cord that runs over to your power supply.
Add big red letters above that connector on the rig stating "12VDC".