Topics

Slow V6 screen

Philip

Will do. I will give it a good testing tomorrow.
 Thanks Philip G7JUR

Reed N

Oh, excellent! I won't bother with the hex then :)

Let me know if you run into any hiccups on the https://groups.io/g/BITX20/topic/ubitx_v6_screen_speed_mod/69375908?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,20,69375908 thread

Reed

Philip

Hi Reed.
Just managed  to compile your firmware and install it.
Great that's one hell of a lot faster. Very happy, thanks

Philip

My thanks.
Philip.

Reed N

@Philip - I'll try and get you a hex file tonight. I don't have one on hand.

@Armando - pdq_gfx_update is what I'd recommend, since several people have reported success using it. one_stop_settings apparently has some gremlins in it that I won't be able to sort out until I actually finish my build, and fix_morse only fixes the "F" in the morse playback without modifying the screen at all.

Reed

Armando Escalante

Reed, which branch are you recommending as most stable and fast? pdq_gfx , one_stop or fix_morse?

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 4:47 PM Reed N <greenkid336600+groupsio@...> wrote:
Philip,

Did you update to the pdq_gfx_update branch, or something else?

Reed

Philip

I cannot work out how to compile it. That is why I was asking for compiled HEX file.

Philip

Reed N

@MadRadioModder,

I mean, sure, if you buy a faster processor you'll get better performance. That's not really the point, though. My branch gets reasonable screen refresh speeds at zero additional cost and with zero hardware mods.

Reed

MadRadioModder

Yeah upgrade to a Teensy 4.0 with W0EB’s daughter board and watch how fast it goes…  The display will be the rate limiting step.

On 2020-01-07 3:26 p.m., Philip wrote:
Just built my uBitx v6, I cannot believe how slow the display is.
Could someone post a compiled HEX of the faster firmware.
Philip G7JUR

Philip