From: BITX20@groups.io [mailto:BITX20@groups.io] On Behalf Of W4MWD
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2020 9:15 PM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] bitx v6 is here

Over the last few months I've been searching for this title to no avail.   Has the publication been canceled?

W4MWD

Over the last few months I've been searching for this title to no avail.   Has the publication been canceled?

Bill

Looks like I'm going to have to wait a bit longer to get a V6.  DHL claims they delivered on 12/26 (ordered 12/15), but no package to be found.  Neighbors don't have it.  I don't live in an area with "porch pirates" (or .  Security camera never shows a DHL van/truck even came to my house.  POD says it was signed for by "Delivered".  Message in to DHL for an explanation, but I'm not optimistic.   :-(

 - Bill

George

Dear Mr Ashhar: to the very worm 7805 I added back to back 7809 on the wires of 7805 and it works good! Thanks and best regards!

Vaughn

FAB Jerry, KE7ER, will look into the link you gave and possibly get one in the new year. This answers all questions.

Many thanks for the help Vaughn

On Sun, 22 Dec 2019 at 19:04, Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io <jgaffke=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
As Farhan said when introducing the v6, the circuitry is the same as the v5 except for the display.
And the main board now has connectors right on the board, so you hardly even have to know how to solder.
Otherwise same as the v5, which has been very successful.
You may not have access to QST, but they had a very positive review of the v5 in the Sept 2019 issue
  https://ubitx.net/2019/08/10/arrl-review-of-ubitx/

Given the new display, there is a fair bit of different firmware from the v5.
Could be a bug or two lurking there yet.
The reviewer did think he should have more mike gain, perhaps not realizing
that this could come at the cost of out-of-band spurs.
He also notes that power output drops off as you go up to the higher bands,
which may be why he wanted that mike gain knob.
You may decide to add AGC someday.
There will undoubtedly be new and improved firmware as time goes on.
But the uBitx has matured considerably since v3 and v4.
You can just unbox it and plug things together to have a working rig that meets FCC specs.

Jerry, KE7ER

On Sun, Dec 22, 2019 at 09:43 AM, Vaughn wrote:
OK, so have a Bitx40, very pleased with the rig, but had to make a number of fixes to get it working how I wanted and still have a couple to finish. This uBix V6, is this a ready to run model, or is there a number of fixes needed again?

Dont mind the fixing but if not fully documented, like some, it can take a long time.

Thanks for any and all input Vaughn

--
M0VLK - LARC Chairman 2018/19
2E0EDN

Jerry Gaffke

[...]

On Sun, 22 Dec 2019 at 17:17, Leon Bishop <n5pu@...> wrote:
Got mine ordered, suppose to ship in 4 or 5 days from this last Friday, but with Christmas and all I doubt it.  It will be here when it gets here!
73 y'all de N5PU es Merry Christmas!