Topics

5/7" Nextion Firmware location

Mark Hatch
 

If you have a 5" or 7" Nextion screen, the location to download the "current" screens is:

https://groups.io/g/BITX20/files/AJ6CU%20Nextion%205-inch%20files/Nextion%205inch%20June%2023,%202019-Released

This location has prebuilt ".tft" files for both the basic and enhanced versions of the 5". And it also has the ".hmi" file that can be read into the Nextion editor and re-compiled for the 7" (screen resolution are the same, so just get a bigger interface).  As far as I know, the usual suspect for the 5" Nextion screens (ubitx.net and KD8CEC) are only offering 2.8/3.2 inch screens that have been recompiled for the 5". They look terrible only occupying a small portion of the screen real estate.

I know there are several people working on enhancing them. So stay tuned for additional updates that obsoletes this announcement.

73
Mark
AJ6CU

Justin Phillips K5AXL
 

Has anyone fixed the manual frequency screen 0 being labeled as 9 ? I tried to fix mine, but I haven't figured out much with Nextion Editor.

Mark Hatch
 

Can you get me a screen shot. I will look into it. 


mark

Mark Hatch
 

I believe this issue is fixed. Replaced a graphics and recompiled it. HMI and TFT files are now available at:

https://groups.io/g/BITX20/files/AJ6CU%20Nextion%205-inch%20files/Nextion%205inch%20-%20December-1-2019

73
Mark
AJ6CU

Joshi Hp
 

Thank you all for interest in the issue with 5" enhanced Nextion display.
I again used the fresh download and now it is compiled successfully.
Thanks Mark AJ6CU for such a wonderful addition to CEC firmware.
I will install and test it with my UBitx.

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 12:49 AM Mark Hatch <mark2382@...> wrote:
I believe this issue is fixed. Replaced a graphics and recompiled it. HMI and TFT files are now available at:

https://groups.io/g/BITX20/files/AJ6CU%20Nextion%205-inch%20files/Nextion%205inch%20-%20December-1-2019

73
Mark
AJ6CU



--
Dr H P Joshi
Professor
Department of Physics,
Saurashtra University,
Rajkot-360 005,India

Mark Hatch
 

Great!

But giving credit where credit is due, would not have had this if Joe Puma had not got it going. His work showed me the path to complete. 

73
Mark
AJ6CU

Joshi Hp
 

I am sorry I missed the contribution of Joe Puma. I thank him also.


On Tue, 3 Dec, 2019, 9:01 PM Mark Hatch, <mark2382@...> wrote:
Great!

But giving credit where credit is due, would not have had this if Joe Puma had not got it going. His work showed me the path to complete. 

73
Mark
AJ6CU

Joe Puma
 

Thank you but no worries Joshi,


When I was working on the menus I envisioned so many visual changes that could be made to the layout and pages. I figured that at some point there would cool themes available like the days of windows desktop themes. Like something that looks like a commercial radio, icon, or yaesu  or maybe a theme based on NASA or SpaceX. Or even cooler like the look of Star Treks computer screens from Next Generation or the like. Being that these menus are not easy to program or redesign I guess we don’t see much. Plus I don’t think much hams are fancy graphic designers let alone able to wrap their brain around the way the Nextion screens are programmed.  If I’m ever in the mood again I might have a go at a new redesign. 

Cheers,
73
Joe
KD2NFC 



On Dec 3, 2019, at 9:37 PM, Joshi Hp <hp.joshi.hp@...> wrote:


I am sorry I missed the contribution of Joe Puma. I thank him also.

On Tue, 3 Dec, 2019, 9:01 PM Mark Hatch, <mark2382@...> wrote:
Great!

But giving credit where credit is due, would not have had this if Joe Puma had not got it going. His work showed me the path to complete. 

73
Mark
AJ6CU