Topics

Raduino Code version

RYERSON@...

I just received a Raduino (Wow DHL is fast) and am wondering what the current current version of the code is since I would like to start hacking but need a baseline to work with.  I'm sure it's out there somewhere, but I cant find it.
Thanks
Rye K9LCJ

Larry Smith

Latest is 1.20.1

This is reflected in this copy of an email.  You'll see the down load plus the mods list
73
WA9DOH

Allard PE1NWL pe1nwl@... via groups.io

Jul 19
to BITX20
I've just released raduino v1.20, download it from https://github.com/amunters/bitx40

New in v1.20:
  • Included Jerry Gaffke's, KE7ER, "minimalist standalone si5351bx routines".
  • This not only makes the sketch independant from an external SI5351 library, but it greatly reduces the memory usage as well. The program space is needed for future development of additional features that would otherwise not fit in a Nano. Thanks Jerry!

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 6:32 AM, <RYERSON@...> wrote:
I just received a Raduino (Wow DHL is fast) and am wondering what the current current version of the code is since I would like to start hacking but need a baseline to work with.  I'm sure it's out there somewhere, but I cant find it.
Thanks
Rye K9LCJ

Vince Vielhaber

I just received a Raduino (Wow DHL is fast) and am wondering what the
current current version of the code is since I would like to start hacking
but need a baseline to work with.  I'm sure it's out there somewhere, but
I cant find it.
Thanks
Rye K9LCJ

RYERSON@...

V1.20  looks really sweet and I will probably load it soon,but I'd like to have a copy of what was shipped by Farhan just in case something 'goes west'.   Where might I find it,
Thanks
Rye K9LCJ since 1955

Jerry Gaffke

https://github.com/afarhan/bitx40

That's the orginal code from Farhan as shipped.
But I  Allard's V1.20 should work fine without any hardware hacks, and is much improved.

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 02:19 pm, <RYERSON@...> wrote:
V1.20  looks really sweet and I will probably load it soon,but I'd like to have a copy of what was shipped by Farhan just in case something 'goes west'.   Where might I find it,
Thanks
Rye K9LCJ since 1955

RCC WB5YYM

Original code is here  https://github.com/afarhan/bitx40

This is what I read in this thread https://groups.io/g/BITX20/topic/raduino_source_code_to/5891930?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,5891930

Michael Hagen

Finding the original version should not be a concern.   Allard's goal is to keep original function to all his revisions, meaning they work on All

Bitx Radios.

So, just pick one version and go!  Probably the latest?

Mike, WA6ISP

--
Mike Hagen, WA6ISP
10917 Bryant Street

The only “mod” you really need with Allards Raduino code is a momentary “Function” switch to
allow you to access the Setting Menu and use the features such as dual VFOs, RIT etc.

Details on wiring are in the documentation files with the code in GITHUB.

Other than that, it is completely backward compatible with Farhan’s original code.

Cheers

Michael VE3WMB

Jerry Gaffke

I'd recommending adding that function switch mod, but you don't need it.

A stock Bitx40 radio has Farhan's code when shipped.
Upgrading to Allard's code without doing any hardware mods, it still has all of Farhan's original functionality.
But Allard's code fixes a number of issues.

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 06:41 am, Michael Babineau wrote:
The only “mod” you really need with Allards Raduino code is a momentary “Function” switch to
allow you to access the Setting Menu and use the features such as dual VFOs, RIT etc.

pat griffin

I had that same concern and went the long way around the barn to get the original. It's not worth it. Get the latest and save  yourself a lot of time. It works well and allard has done an excellent job of change management which, imho, is hands down the hardest part if geekery
73
Pat aa4pg

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 30, 2017, at 9:33 PM, Michael Hagen <motdog@...> wrote:

Finding the original version should not be a concern.   Allard's goal is to keep original function to all his revisions, meaning they work on All

Bitx Radios.

So, just pick one version and go!  Probably the latest?

Mike, WA6ISP

On 8/30/2017 2:19 PM, RYERSON@... wrote:
V1.20  looks really sweet and I will probably load it soon,but I'd like to have a copy of what was shipped by Farhan just in case something 'goes west'.   Where might I find it,
Thanks
Rye K9LCJ since 1955

--
Mike Hagen, WA6ISP
10917 Bryant Street
Yucaipa, Ca. 92399
(909) 918-0058
PayPal ID  "MotDog@..."
Mike@...

Ian Litchfield

I agree with everyone else I originally was modifying the original code and learned a few tricks then I switched the allards code and am loving it! I'll probably be adding a agc and s meter to it and also personalizing it a bit more!
Ian Litchfield KD2IXL