Topics

On the subject of fake IRF510

chris gress <Chrisg0wfh@...>

I just got 10 x irf510 from ma components in the UK cost £7.55 via amazon so fast got them in 24hrs they look the same as fitted in the bitx 40 so I think there good stock

On 26 Jul 2017 17:36, "chris gress" <Chrisg0wfh@...> wrote:
I just ordered 2 of the ones with the display them China things don't last long I have found so I will have a back up they
Look cool anyway

On 26 Jul 2017 13:57, "Curt M." <Kc3hjp@...> wrote:
After whatever went on with the first Bitx40 that I was shipped and especially after it appeared that the Radrino got whacked during troubleshooting when I switched from 12v to 13.8v I'm exclusively on 12V now.  I use the 15Ah Bioenno battery that I bought for my FT-817ND which puts out about 13.4v so I installed a voltage converter/stabilizer between the battery and the radio.  I set it for around 12.1v with no load.  See links below...

I purchased two different ones to try.  With the first one which has a display, I set it for 12.1v and the voltage drops to just under 12v when I power the Bitx on.  When I key up and talk the voltage does not go any lower than the initial voltage drop.  Actually 12.1v was the highest I could get when adjusting the output because the device can only control at a minimum of 1v difference between the input and output.  not sure what happened to the other .2v but either way it seems fine.  What's nice is that this device gives you a pretty clear indication that you are really transmitting because you see the fluctuations in current as you are talking into the mic.  I haven't checked what happens to the voltage with the second one but measuring the power output of the Bitx on the Bird 43, the power output using either one shows that I'm putting out about as close to 6 watts as it could be without the needle actually covering the 6 indicator so I suspect that either of these are fine.  I built the radio with it only ever being a QRP radio so what appears to be about 5.9 watts is more than I was expecting.  Also, these devices do not appear to induce any type of noise into the receive or transmit of the radio.  For everyday use I may stay with the one that doesn't have the display because I can leave it connected to the battery at all times without the load of the LCD and backlight drawing from the battery.  Having the one with the display will allow me to have a quick indication of what's going on with the radio if I ever question if the final has gone defective.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FQGFXS6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C0KL1OM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

chris gress <Chrisg0wfh@...>

[...]

Curt M.

[...]

1practical.man

Amen Dr Fred. Stopping the leak is of great concern. Wound contamination is way down the list. I am personally grateful for the fancy new hemostatic bandages and tourniquet, along with the medics who trained us to use them. Real lifesavers. Everyone who drives a car should keep em on hand and be trained in using them.  Car accidents maim far more people than interpersonal violence.

Of course, we all have radios and cell phones to summon help. (Just to keep this radio related).

On Jul 25, 2017, at 18:59, Dr Fred Hambrecht <AAR4MI@...> wrote:

Having been on the receiving end of a “War lead bullet”, I can assure you lead contamination was my very last worry. Repairing the hole was of much greater concern.

v/r

Fred W4JLE

On 2017-07-25 02:04, Vince Vielhaber wrote:
Actually it's not a distribution warehouse. It's my understanding that the orders are filled in Thailand and all US orders are expressed once a week to the Colorado address where they're placed in mailers and sent out. Before Colorado they used one in the northeast (Maine, Del, ..., don't remember which state now).

Vince.

On 07/24/2017 07:03 PM, Jack Purdum via Groups.Io wrote:
I've used them a lot, but not for the PA. They have a distribution
warehouse in Livingston, CO, so order come fast. Their prices are good
and shipping is reasonable.

Jack, W8TEE

Dr Fred Hambrecht

I have ordered from Taydae and have had good results with their 510s. I have yet to get anything from them that was not what was expected.

v/r

Fred W4JLE