Topics

Case

John Sharpe

I moved my Bitx to a smaller aluminium case. It’s very strong and compact, but now the Bitx weights about 1 kilo!

The box is extruded aluminium from Aliexpress - 145*54*200 mm. Cost about $US16

Careful measurements were needed to pack everything on the front panel. Holes drilled using mostly step drills.
RF and AF gain on front with 10-turn tuning. Two buttons - room for more. Just function at the moment.

On rear panel: On/off slide switch plus Hi/Lo power slide switch. Inputs for 12v and 22v. Headphone jack. Big jack is for CW key - not wired yet.
Voltage regulator on back panel with reverse/overload protection. Space at rear to fit AGC board and/or SWR/power board.

Small holes in the sides for cooling, air can exit around the speaker and through the grill on top.

I’m using Allard’s latest Raduino (Thanks Allard!).

Best 73s all,

John VK2VOL

César EA3IAV

Looks fantastic
how did you cut the window forvthe lcd?
a little bit if weight is wanted so you drag the rig while taking your mic

John Sharpe

Hi,

To cut the window I drilled holes at the corners then used a scroll saw.
I finished by hand filing.

It was not easy to get straight lines! I did the marking up and the first drilling on the back of the front face.
Then completed drilling the holes from the front toget clean cuts.

Regards, John

On 20 Jun 2017, at 6:20 pm, EA3IAV <Cesarleon@...> wrote:

Looks fantastic
how did you cut the window forvthe lcd?
a little bit if weight is wanted so you drag the rig while taking your mic

John P

Very nice! I really like the plastic cover over the display. I might do that myself! When cutting small pieces of plexiglass or lexan, I remove the protective covering that comes on it and use masking tape in its place. I have a jigsaw and if I clamp a guide to the table and use a fairly slow speed, I get pretty nice straight cuts.
--
John - WA2FZW

W9ZIM

Wow, everybody else's BITX looks so much better than mine, and I tried so hard to avoid the "homemade" look!  Haha!

--
Darren, W9ZIM

Sajeesh Pilakkat

Dear All,

Inviting you all to have a look on uBitx Case Home brewed.

http://vu3psz.blogspot.in/2018/02/ubitx-home-brewed-enclosure.html

Vic WA4THR

I always enjoy seeing how others have built their BitX's and thought I'd point out some ideas I used with mine that others might find useful. For example:

1. Almost everyone places their tuning control to the right, but if you place the Raduino to the right you can easily update and play with the software by just plugging in to the USB port.

2. It is hard to beat the value of the Banggood instrument case. If you turn it upside down and eliminate attaching the hard plastic feet you have a smoother mounting surface for circuit boards and can use the vent holes for a speaker grille. I added some stick-on soft plastic feet on the "new" bottom.

3. While I still want to find a nice way to attach labels to the panel, using the second line of the BitX display is a convenient place to label switches and controls.

=Vic=
WA4THR

Jack, W8TEE

I agree:
Inline image

Jack, W8TEE

[...]

pat griffin

Me too

Pat AA4PG

http://www.cahabatechnology.com

[...]

Arv Evans

Great looking chassis.  It shows what can be done with a small number of tools and
a lot of ingenuity.

Arv  K7HKL
_._

On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 1:06 AM, Sajeesh Pilakkat via Groups.Io <sajeeshpilakkat@...> wrote:
Dear All,

Inviting you all to have a look on uBitx Case Home brewed.

http://vu3psz.blogspot.in/2018/02/ubitx-home-brewed-enclosure.html

ekelley

Very nice work, looks great!

On 2/5/2018 2:06 AM, Sajeesh Pilakkat via Groups.Io wrote:
Dear All,

Inviting you all to have a look on uBitx Case Home brewed.

http://vu3psz.blogspot.in/2018/02/ubitx-home-brewed-enclosure.html

AA7GW

Very nice

AA7GW

On Feb 5, 2018, at 1:06 AM, Sajeesh Pilakkat via Groups.Io <sajeeshpilakkat@...> wrote:

Dear All,

Inviting you all to have a look on uBitx Case Home brewed.

http://vu3psz.blogspot.in/2018/02/ubitx-home-brewed-enclosure.html
<uBitx_2.jpg>

Konstantinos Konstas

Congrats on making this nice case Sajeesh.
Very nice job.

73 de Konstantinos, SV1ONW

On 6 February 2018 at 07:20, AA7GW <garywixom@q.com> wrote:
Very nice

AA7GW

On Feb 5, 2018, at 1:06 AM, Sajeesh Pilakkat via Groups.Io <sajeeshpilakkat=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Dear All,

Inviting you all to have a look on uBitx Case Home brewed.

http://vu3psz.blogspot.in/2018/02/ubitx-home-brewed-enclosure.html
<uBitx_2.jpg>

--
73 de SV1ONW