Topics

Raduino_v1.12 released

Allard PE1NWL

Just released raduino_v1.12, download it from https://github.com/amunters/bitx40/

No new functionality in this version, just some improvements & corrections:

  • corrected Tuning Range and SideTone setting procedures
  • improved responsiveness of Function Button for better user experience

The ZIP now also includes a photo showing the Raduino connectors, pins and wire colours:

https://github.com/amunters/bitx40/blob/master/raduino_pin_layout.png

73, Allard PE1NWL

M Garza <mgarza896@...>

Allard,
Thank you for your hard work and diligence!

73s

Marco - KG5PRT

On May 18, 2017 6:44 PM, "Allard PE1NWL" <pe1nwl@...> wrote:

Just released raduino_v1.12, download it from https://github.com/amunters/bitx40/

No new functionality in this version, just some improvements & corrections:

  • corrected Tuning Range and SideTone setting procedures
  • improved responsiveness of Function Button for better user experience

The ZIP now also includes a photo showing the Raduino connectors, pins and wire colours:

https://github.com/amunters/bitx40/blob/master/raduino_pin_layout.png

73, Allard PE1NWL

W9ZIM

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 04:44 pm, Allard PE1NWL wrote:
The ZIP now also includes a photo showing the Raduino connectors, pins and wire colours...

 Hey, thanks for that!  It's much appreciated.

Joe

Allard,

Excellent ; probably the best documented code and package available.

Makes it so much easier ..with the diagrams / pictures and write ups -  one stop shopping....

Thanks for all the work!!

Joe
VE1BWV

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 8:44 PM, Allard PE1NWL <pe1nwl@...> wrote:

Just released raduino_v1.12, download it from https://github.com/amunters/bitx40/

No new functionality in this version, just some improvements & corrections:

  • corrected Tuning Range and SideTone setting procedures
  • improved responsiveness of Function Button for better user experience

The ZIP now also includes a photo showing the Raduino connectors, pins and wire colours:

https://github.com/amunters/bitx40/blob/master/raduino_pin_layout.png

73, Allard PE1NWL

Allard PE1NWL

Thanks Joe,

glad you like it!

I've just found one mistake in the picture showing the raduino pin layout though:

The VFO output on connector P3 was mistakenly labeled "CLK0" where it should be CLK2.

Also in the sketch comments it was mentioned incorrectly (just the comments, the code itself is OK).

Here's the corrected picture:

73 Allard PE1NWL

Joe

Ok thank's for correction info.
The text info is perfect and the visual info puts it all together....
Building a nice Reference Binder full of BitX stuff....

Just looking at installing the CW mode - I call it TXTune since that's what I want to use it for.

1. Looks like a 47k resistor to c107 and run the wire to Raduino D6  pin 15 P3
2. A 4.7k resistor connected to D7 P3 pin16 (violet) and the other end to base of a 2n3904 with collector /emitter put across the ptt line.
3. To transmit a carrier, a  button or toggle switch connected to A1 P1  to turn on(ground) and off...

Another excellent feature..

73
Joe
VE1BWV

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 10:08 PM, Allard PE1NWL <pe1nwl@...> wrote:

Thanks Joe,

glad you like it!

I've just found one mistake in the picture showing the raduino pin layout though:

The VFO output on connector P3 was mistakenly labeled "CLK0" where it should be CLK2.

Also in the sketch comments it was mentioned incorrectly (just the comments, the code itself is OK).

Here's the corrected picture:

73 Allard PE1NWL

Larry Smith

Allard,
 Thanks much for the new sketch 1.12.  I now have no tune clicks and just worked EA8JK 5x7 with the Bitx on 1.179 and there was a pile up....am I lucky or what Hi!!

Thanks to VE1BWV with his Italy contact and my good friend K9HWL both for the help/encouragement!!

I'm also running battery power: 12v  8AH

My 40 mtr dipole 10' up straight across! E/W. rg8x

Only thing is that the SETTINGS word stays up even after cals.  All else works obviously!  Not sure the SETTINGS is meant to stay up on the display.
I also don't have the TUNE TICKS.  Birdies are all but gone at 7.199.  I can hear clearly QSOs.
I can also get JT65 for receive only works.
73
Larry
WA9DOH

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 8:08 PM, Allard PE1NWL <pe1nwl@...> wrote:

Thanks Joe,

glad you like it!

I've just found one mistake in the picture showing the raduino pin layout though:

The VFO output on connector P3 was mistakenly labeled "CLK0" where it should be CLK2.

Also in the sketch comments it was mentioned incorrectly (just the comments, the code itself is OK).

Here's the corrected picture:

73 Allard PE1NWL

Dr Fred Hambrecht

The 5 volts should be labeled +12. It is the input to the 5 volt regulator.

v/r

Fred W4JLE

I've just found one mistake in the picture showing the raduino pin layout though:

The VFO output on connector P3 was mistakenly labeled "CLK0" where it should be CLK2.

Also in the sketch comments it was mentioned incorrectly (just the comments, the code itself is OK).

Here's the corrected picture:

73 Allard PE1NWL

Allard PE1NWL

Oops another mistake, thanks Fred for notifying!

I've uploaded a new corrected picture:

73, Allard PE1NWL

Allard PE1NWL

Joe,

yes you can use the CW function just for sending a tune signal as well of course - Just connect a pushbutton or switch instead of a morse key.

Be aware though that you will be transmitting at full duty cycle (don't keep the tune button pressed for too long to prevent overheating the final).

Also note that the transmitted carrier will be slightly (800Hz or so) off. But for tuning purposes that should normally not be any problem.

73, Allard PE1NWL

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 10:19 pm, Larry Smith wrote:

Only thing is that the SETTINGS word stays up even after cals.  All else works obviously!  Not sure the SETTINGS is meant to stay up on the display.

Larry,

keep the function button pressed for about one second to exit the SETTINGS menu.

73, Allard PE1NWL

Joe

Allard,

I did the cw mod.

1. When i i press my cw / key button the display indicates cwtx usb or lsb. that part works.
2. When i press the cw/key button i get a carrier but it is to low 1watt at best.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Joe
VE1BWV

On Sat, May 20, 2017, 7:27 AM Allard PE1NWL <pe1nwl@...> wrote:

[...]

Jerry Gaffke

That carrier is on one of the crystal filter skirts, could be the BFO is too far into the skirt.  If you are in CW LSB mode, try CW USB mode, and vice versa, that will flip the carrier to the other side of the filter.  I assume you do get 5 Watts or so when shouting into the mike.

On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 04:07 pm, Joe wrote:

When i press the cw/key button i get a carrier but it is to low 1watt at best.

Allard PE1NWL

Joe,

in which mode (CWL or CWU or both?) is your CW output too low?
If you use the microphone in that mode, is your output then also too low?

73 Allard PE1NWL

Joe

In CWL I actually get about 1/2 watt and in CWU - 0 watt..
If I speak in the mike I get voice peaks around the 5 watt area - for both lsb and usb.

It appears to be working but just way to low  drive....

Joe
VE1BWV

On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 8:35 PM, Allard PE1NWL <pe1nwl@...> wrote:
Joe,

in which mode (CWL or CWU or both?) is your CW output too low?
If you use the microphone in that mode, is your output then also too low?

73 Allard PE1NWL

Jerry Gaffke

Triple check how you wired up that connection from Nano-A6 to C107.   Measure the resistor you have inline, make sure it is 47k.  Put a voltmeter across C107, measure the voltage there.  Compare notes with somebody who has a working rig.  I'd guess it should be a couple hundred millivolts with key down.  Zero volts with key up.

On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 04:46 pm, Joe wrote:

In CWL I actually get about 1/2 watt and in CWU - 0 watt..
If I speak in the mike I get voice peaks around the 5 watt area - for both lsb and usb.

Jerry Gaffke

Don't listen to me!!!   Should be Nano-D6.

On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 06:48 pm, Jerry Gaffke wrote:

Triple check how you wired up that connection from Nano-A6 to C107.

Jerry Gaffke

Also, the voltage on the Nano-D6 end of that 47k resistor should go from zero to 5 volts when you press the key.

Peter Berrett <p.berrett@...>

Hi all

I recently bought the Raduino upgrade kit. I don’t know what version software is on it but it chugs as I turn the turn the tuning dial – chug, chug, chug

Does the latest software fix this problem and what other features can I expect that are different?

Thanks Peter

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Also, the voltage on the Nano-D6 end of that 47k resistor should go from zero to 5 volts when you press the key.

terry hughes

hi

the picture appears to show D5, D6, D7 connected directly to the board without a white connector. Is that right

Terry GM4DSO