Topics

PCB uBitx -working on it-

JuanCarlos

Hi Guys, here something my friend Heriberto-CM2KMK- is doing for the uBitx

Have a good week end

rv's

73's Jc

Roy Appleton

Looking good!

Roy
WA0YMH

On Mar 10, 2017 7:59 PM, "Juan Carlos Berberena Glez" <cubanqrp@...> wrote:

Hi Guys, here something my friend Heriberto-CM2KMK- is doing for the uBitx

Have a good week end

rv's

73's Jc

M Garza <mgarza896@...>

I hope it stays thru hole.  I don't have much smd experience....

Marco - KG5PRT

On Mar 10, 2017 8:09 PM, "Roy Appleton" <twelveoclockhigh@...> wrote:
Looking good!

Roy
WA0YMH

On Mar 10, 2017 7:59 PM, "Juan Carlos Berberena Glez" <cubanqrp@...> wrote:

Hi Guys, here something my friend Heriberto-CM2KMK- is doing for the uBitx

Have a good week end

rv's

73's Jc

M Garza <mgarza896@...>

Good job!  Just need to know how to purchase one.....

Marco - KG5PRT

On Mar 10, 2017 8:24 PM, "M Garza" <mgarza896@...> wrote:
I hope it stays thru hole.  I don't have much smd experience....

Marco - KG5PRT

On Mar 10, 2017 8:09 PM, "Roy Appleton" <twelveoclockhigh@...> wrote:
Looking good!

Roy
WA0YMH

On Mar 10, 2017 7:59 PM, "Juan Carlos Berberena Glez" <cubanqrp@...> wrote:

Hi Guys, here something my friend Heriberto-CM2KMK- is doing for the uBitx

Have a good week end

rv's

73's Jc

Michael Hagen

Stuff now just can't stray TH.  So you have to give!

I do real well on 0603 now, and I am 71 years old.

I do not do parts 402!

Mike, WA6ISP

Larry Przyborowski

Hello Jc,
That is a beautiful pcb by Heriberto!

73, Larry K3PEG

On Friday, March 10, 2017 9:26 PM, M Garza <mgarza896@...> wrote:

Good job!  Just need to know how to purchase one.....

Marco - KG5PRT

On Mar 10, 2017 8:24 PM, "M Garza" <mgarza896@...> wrote:
I hope it stays thru hole.  I don't have much smd experience....

Marco - KG5PRT

On Mar 10, 2017 8:09 PM, "Roy Appleton" <twelveoclockhigh@...> wrote:
Looking good!

Roy
WA0YMH

On Mar 10, 2017 7:59 PM, "Juan Carlos Berberena Glez" <cubanqrp@...> wrote:
Hi Guys, here something my friend Heriberto-CM2KMK- is doing for the uBitx
Have a good week end
rv's

73's Jc

MVS Sarma

 Looks  nice, Juan.
I suggest that CM2KMK could manage two versions , second one being with smd diode packs as originally proposed by Farhan.. It would great if the pcb is single sided and facilitates home-brewing.
regards
 sarma
 vu3zmv

--
Regards
Sarma

Ashhar Farhan

Nice stuff, is it single layer? I am working on a double layer layout too.

- f

On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 9:52 AM, Mvs Sarma <mvssarma@...> wrote:
 Looks  nice, Juan.
I suggest that CM2KMK could manage two versions , second one being with smd diode packs as originally proposed by Farhan.. It would great if the pcb is single sided and facilitates home-brewing.
regards
 sarma
 vu3zmv

On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 7:29 AM, Juan Carlos Berberena Glez <cubanqrp@...> wrote:

Hi Guys, here something my friend Heriberto-CM2KMK- is doing for the uBitx

Have a good week end

rv's

73's Jc

--
Regards
Sarma

Yeonghwan Jun

I expect It will be good product.
because I want to have it more quickly.

Thanks for it.

John VA7JBE

No reason that there couldn't be two versions of the PCB, one for SMD and one for through hole.

Richard Andrew Knack

It would be great if the files could be posted, when finished, in both Eagle format and as a direct image that could be laser printed and toner-transferred. Looking good!

Rich
KC8MWG

On Saturday, March 11, 2017 12:56 AM, John VA7JBE via Groups.Io <va7jbe@...> wrote:

No reason that there couldn't be two versions of the PCB, one for SMD and one for through hole.

Jim Smith <zx97lite@...>

Awesome,and thru hole too!

Pete  WB9FLW

Lawrence Galea

Would be nice to share i with the group on PDF
Regards
HAGWE
Lawrence

On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 2:59 AM, Juan Carlos Berberena Glez <cubanqrp@...> wrote:

Hi Guys, here something my friend Heriberto-CM2KMK- is doing for the uBitx

Have a good week end

rv's

73's Jc

Rahul Srivastava

Hi!

Great looking PCB. Single sided board will go a long way in making it popular and easy to assemble. I guess the PCB is being done in Sprint layout, how about posting the .Lay file so that we all can contribute to it...

73

Rahul VU3WJM

On Sunday, 12 March 2017 4:26 AM, Lawrence Galea <9h1avlaw@...> wrote:

Would be nice to share i with the group on PDF
Regards
HAGWE
Lawrence

On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 2:59 AM, Juan Carlos Berberena Glez <cubanqrp@...> wrote:
Hi Guys, here something my friend Heriberto-CM2KMK- is doing for the uBitx
Have a good week end
rv's

73's Jc

Ion Petroianu, VA3NOI

This is very nice for a final product but for experimenting wouldn't be better to have small blocks we can interconnect. From what I see we are working with 50 Ohms input and output impedance so short runs of RG 174 will provide links between modules.

Also when experimenting is more cost effective to use the special price for prototype boards (10 boards, 10X10 cm, for $10)

If the layout is squeezed you can get 2 or three layouts on one 10X10 cm board.

What do you think about the idea. Shall we start splitting the schematic in blocks?
--
Ion

VA3NOI

Rahul Srivastava

Hi!

You just snatched the words from my mouth, it will be great in true experimeter's spirit...

73

Rahul VU3WJM

On Sunday, 12 March 2017 6:40 AM, Ion Petroianu <ion.petroianu@...> wrote:

This is very nice for a final product but for experimenting wouldn't be better to have small blocks we can interconnect. From what I see we are working with 50 Ohms input and output impedance so short runs of RG 174 will provide links between modules.
Also when experimenting is more cost effective to use the special price for prototype boards (10 boards, 10X10 cm, for $10)
If the layout is squeezed you can get 2 or three layouts on one 10X10 cm board.
What do you think about the idea. Shall we start splitting the schematic in blocks?
--
Ion
VA3NOI

Ashhar Farhan

Gang,
I received an email about the ubitx from wes. He points out that the image of first LO+IF will float from 90 to 120 mhz. This is bang inside thr FM broadcast band. It could lead to some spurs.
Is anyone scratch building this righway? Id like to get some real world testing done before we press the GO button for the rest.
- f

On 12 Mar 2017 6:59 a.m., "Rahul Srivastava via Groups.Io" <vu3wjm=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Jerry Gaffke

A couple possible solutions if this does look like trouble:  Include a scheme to add shielding at the front end for those that need it.  Or go to a higher freq using the muRata PX1002 86.85mhz SAW filter, $5USD at quantity.  Both mentioned in post https://groups.io/g/BITX20/message/22972

On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 08:08 pm, Ashhar Farhan wrote:

He points out that the image of first LO+IF will float from 90 to 120 mhz.

John Backo

"the image of first LO+IF will float from 90 to 120 mhz. This is bang inside thr FM broadcast band."

Not only that, but it could possibly interfere with the aviation communication band.
That is a definite no-no in any part of the world. Perhaps a 60-90 MHz image would be better?
Or mandatory heavy shielding.

In researching the TDA2822, I note that there are two versions. One, a 16 pin dip is obsolete.
The current one is a 8 pin dip unit. They have different pinouts and are not interchangeable.

In studying the board, there seem to be several differences between the schematic and the layout.

There is an extra transistor in the AVC interface system. It is used where M1 and M2 are
supposedly connected to the relay. (??)

There is only one relay on the board.

It appears that there is no output to the 2N2219's and final transistors; both transformers are shown
as bifilar whereas one is trifilar and is the output interface.

More works is needed to make this a viable board. Looks nice though.

The suggestion to make modules and interconnect them is probably the way
to go right now.

john
AD5YE

MVS Sarma

Any audio amp could be tried but it should be generally available in spares market. Perhaps for a design, better to use dip8  or soic8.

This is NOT a reply for Ashhar Farhan's design. M1  and M2 are to be shorted by relay contact 3&5 of K3 as per original design.

 If the  PCB implementer wanted to keep out the Linear PA ha may have to bring out that contact back to  exciter board , if I may call it so.
Sarma
 vu3zmv