Weird behavior of Raduino

Ion Petroianu, VA3NOI

I sort of fixed the problem.

First I found my offset (-150Hz). That means for a signal of 7.125MHz I had to adjust at 7.12515MHz for zero beat.

Then load the sketch into Arduino IDE and look for the BFO frequency (2 instances) and substract 150 Hz from the value, so my sketch now reads:

#define INIT_BFO_FREQ (1199785L)

unsigned long baseTune =  7100000L;

unsigned long bfo_freq = 11997850L;

Compile and upload and everything works fine, no calibration required.

I have used KA7OEI's sketch to get the extra digit of resolution and avoid the flickering of the last digit.

--
Ion

VA3NOI

Ion,

I have experienced the same problem, but somehow got it to calibrate on the 10th try.

Joel
KB6QVI

On Feb 1, 2017, at 4:15 AM, Ion Petroianu <ion.petroianu@...> wrote:

During the first setup I have calibrated the frequency readout.

The behavior was as described. Connect A2 to GND - message on screen "Calibrate".

Keep holding A2 to GND rotate the tuning pot for zero beat (using a signal generator).

Release A2 from GND - message on screen "Calibrated"

All working fine after that.

Then I uploaded the sketch that compiles with the new SI5351 libraries.

Calibration has been lost, so I went again through the procedure.

Did not work. Reverted bavk to old, original, sketch and, again, no luck. Cannot calibrate anymore.

When connecting A2 to GND the message is same as if you turn on the power with A2 connected to GND.

You get a tone and you can calibrate for zero beat on that. It is saving something, or at least that is the message, but you do not get the "Calibrated" message anymore and the displayed frequency has the same offset as before.

I can live with this (only 100 Hz), but I would like to understand what happened.

Thank you,
--
Ion

VA3NOI

Ion Petroianu, VA3NOI

I don't have a problem compiling or uploading any sketch (you just go in Library Manager and change the version of the library you want to use).

My problem is that, regardless of the message on the screen when releasing the A2 from GND the calibration is not taken. Once I release the A2 from GND, after doing the calibration, the frequency jumps to the frequency that is consistent with the new position of the tuning pot and when I go back to the signal I inject I have the same display offset as before (about 130 to 150 Hz).

I can live with that but puzzles me. First time I was able to calibrate correctly. Then I uploaded a different sketch. Calibration has been lost. Normal. Why it cannot calibrate one time, at least.

Is the calibration stored in some one time write only memory/register?

Thank you,
--
Ion

VA3NOI

G4NQX <tasmod@...>

Nope catered for in the loop.  Ignore me !

Rob

G4NQX <tasmod@...>

Ion,

The sketch is now wrong. Doh!

I just checked the library details again.  They have changed the way calibration is done, it now has a one time set   " si5351.set_correction(value) ; "  Looking at the sketch now.

Your problem about going back is that the new library v2 persists in your Arduino/libraries and needs the SI5351 Library folder deleting from there and then add the old library again in the old sketch.

Rob G4NQX

Ion Petroianu, VA3NOI