From: "pierre@... [BITX20]"
To: BITX20@...
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2016 6:38 PM
Subject: Re: [BITX20] Re: Bitx40 #861 arrived

Dear Farhan and all the Bitx40 team,

Bitx40 #861 arrived this morning, hand delivered to my front door.

The Bitx40 is beautifully packed.

I will let you know how the testing and integration goes.

Thank you and best regards from,

Peter VK1XP

Canberra

Australia

Darryl Harvey

It should be written in Black ink on the PCB next to a #.

On 2016-11-29 01:37 PM, Jack Purdum econjack@... [BITX20] wrote:

Okay...at the risk of sounding stupid...again...where is everyone getting the serial number from? There's a small white square on the board with "38 16" on it, but there is a space between the two numbers. I just got my BITX40 a little over a week ago and the holiday has prevented me from hooking things up, so I can't comment on that. Those numbers don't seem right, so what am I missing?

Jac, W8TEE

Bitx40 #861 arrived this morning, hand delivered to my front door.

The Bitx40 is beautifully packed.

I will let you know how the testing and integration goes.

Thank you and best regards from,

Peter VK1XP

Canberra

Australia

Jack Purdum <econjack@...>

Ah Ha! #771 has arrived safely in Cincinnati, OH. Thanks Darryl. The shack has rather low light levels and I'm old.

Jack, W8TEE

On 2016-11-29 01:37 PM, Jack Purdum econjack@... [BITX20] wrote:

Okay...at the risk of sounding stupid...again...where is everyone getting the serial number from? There's a small white square on the board with "38 16" on it, but there is a space between the two numbers. I just got my BITX40 a little over a week ago and the holiday has prevented me from hooking things up, so I can't comment on that. Those numbers don't seem right, so what am I missing?

Jac, W8TEE

Bitx40 #861 arrived this morning, hand delivered to my front door.

The Bitx40 is beautifully packed.

I will let you know how the testing and integration goes.

Thank you and best regards from,

Peter VK1XP

Canberra

Australia

Arv Evans

Jac, W8TEE

Number that most are referring to is the black marker pen hand written number
along one edge, usually near the "BITX40v3, (C) HFSIGS.COM" label.  It is not
so much a Serial Number as it is the number of boards shipped (mine is number
124).

Someone asked earlier about the HF mixer transformers T1 and T2.....they
appear to be  10-turns trifilar twisted conductors on an FT37-43 core.  Same
for T-4, T-5, T-6, and T-7.   These would be typical broadband transmission-line
style transformers with turns ratio of 10:10:10.

Arv  K7HKL
_._

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 7:37 PM, Jack Purdum econjack@... [BITX20] <BITX20@...> wrote:

Okay...at the risk of sounding stupid...again...where is everyone getting the serial number from? There's a small white square on the board with "38 16" on it, but there is a space between the two numbers. I just got my BITX40 a little over a week ago and the holiday has prevented me from hooking things up, so I can't comment on that. Those numbers don't seem right, so what am I missing?

Jac, W8TEE

Bitx40 #861 arrived this morning, hand delivered to my front door.

The Bitx40 is beautifully packed.

I will let you know how the testing and integration goes.

Thank you and best regards from,

Peter VK1XP

Canberra

Australia

rjinspace

Thank you. It was me. From the photo it seems like 10 turns yes. But the output transformer close to the IRF510 and the LP filter, is it also 10 turns (usually it is 3, I think).

Thanks.
Roy