Topics

AD9851 DDS chip adaptor

Paul Tomlinson

Hi all, I'm currently building an AD9851 DDS Ver4 as seen on Sunil's site. I have made and populated 2 PCB's (one has 2 PIC chips on and the other is the DDS board) with the exception of the DDS chip which is tiny.
I want to know if anyone could point me in the right direction to purchase a ssop to 28pin DIL adaptor PCB.
I have bid and won two on eBay but from China could take weeks to arrive, I'm want to get this going so was wondering if there was a quicker way?

Thank you all in advance,

Paul M0EME

John Backo

--- In BITX20@..., "Paul" <paul@...> wrote:

Hi all, I'm currently building an AD9851 DDS Ver4 as seen on Sunil's site. I have made and populated 2 PCB's (one has 2 PIC chips on and the other is the DDS board) with the exception of the DDS chip which is tiny.
I want to know if anyone could point me in the right direction to purchase a ssop to 28pin DIL adaptor PCB.
I have bid and won two on eBay but from China could take weeks to arrive, I'm want to get this going so was wondering if there was a quicker way?

Thank you all in advance,

Paul M0EME

http://www.futurelec.com/SMD_Adapters.shtml

john
AD5YE

Patrick Pugh Sawian

Hi Paul,

I'd like to know how you intend to solder the 9851 to the adapter. I have the adapter and the 9851 but I'd prolly have to procure an electron microscope to get the job done. Looks like a homebrew reflow oven will have to precede this homebrew DDS.

Pat
VU3pat

From: Paul <paul@...>
To: BITX20@...
Date: Wednesday, September 28, 2011, 2:08 AM

Hi all, I'm currently building an AD9851 DDS Ver4 as seen on Sunil's site. I have made and populated 2 PCB's (one has 2 PIC chips on and the other is the DDS board) with the exception of the DDS chip which is tiny.

I want to know if anyone could point me in the right direction to purchase a ssop to 28pin DIL adaptor PCB.

I have bid and won two on eBay but from China could take weeks to arrive, I'm want to get this going so was wondering if there was a quicker way?

Thank you all in advance,

Paul M0EME

n7ve <dan.Tayloe@...>

For me, I have found solder flux the most important accessory to soldering these parts by hand using moderately fine solder.

The flux encourages the solder to "bead up", which helps to discourage solder bridging between adjacent pads. No special equipment needed other than a "mag-eyes" head set (2x?) to let me see the DDS chip more clearly.

I got a couple ounces of solder flux from radio shack a couple years ago and apply it to the pads with a toothpick before placing the DDS part into place. I have soldered at least 500 9834s in place and have used about half my solder flux supply.

- Dan, N7VE

________________________________
I'd like to know how you intend to solder the 9851 to the adapter. I have the adapter and the 9851 but I'd prolly have to procure an electron microscope to get the job done. Looks like a homebrew reflow oven will have to precede this homebrew DDS.

Pat
VU3pat

Hi all, I'm currently building an AD9851 DDS Ver4 as seen on Sunil's site. I have made and populated 2 PCB's (one has 2 PIC chips on and the other is the DDS board) with the exception of the DDS chip which is tiny.

I want to know if anyone could point me in the right direction to purchase a ssop to 28pin DIL adaptor PCB.

I have bid and won two on eBay but from China could take weeks to arrive, I'm want to get this going so was wondering if there was a quicker way?

Thank you all in advance,

Paul M0EME

Arv Evans

Hello

If you do get a solder bridge you can use solder-wick to soak up the excess.
This leaves the pins soldered with no excess solder. It looks quite
professional.

Arv
_._

--- In BITX20@... <mailto:BITX20%40yahoogroups.com>, Mark
<huitmarmottes@...> wrote:

Hi Pat,

At work we buy reflow solder paste in small quantities (sorry I
don't have a link handy but you can just google for it) and "reflow"
smd chips by attaching onto the pcb first with small bits of paste
(this is the hardest part) then heating the board on a hot plate.

At home I have a regular inspection type stereo microscope and
solder them by hand with the finest diameter solder and iron tip.Â
It's pretty easy with this equipment.

Mark - N7EKU

________________________________

Hi all, I'm currently building an AD9851 DDS Ver4 as seen on Sunil's
site. I have made and populated 2 PCB's (one has 2 PIC chips on and
the other is the DDS board) with the exception of the DDS chip which
is tiny.

I want to know if anyone could point me in the right direction to
purchase a ssop to 28pin DIL adaptor PCB.

I have bid and won two on eBay but from China could take weeks to
arrive, I'm want to get this going so was wondering if there was a
quicker way?

Thank you all in advance,

Paul M0EME

Paul Tomlinson

http://va3ndo.tripod.com/dds_vfo.html

http://www.qsl.net/vu3cns/dds.html

I hope these two sites help. I designed and etched by own boards. I'm still
waiting for the adaptor PCB's to arrive from China, and as soon as they do I
shall let you know how it goes.

Please can you send me the link to review the information about DDS
I was trying in the Sunil blog but I couldn't.
Thyank You in advance
73's
Jc

**