Topics

Relay Board Mod for V3/V4 Harmonics

GE All,

 Kit-projects will be putting out Gordons outboard relay mod. I have put up a small pre-order to see the level of interest. Cost might seem high but we will be using quality parts.

I have boards on order already and will have more ready after the pre-orders ship.

https://shop.kit-projects.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=119

David

 N8DAH
Kit-Projects.com

Shop is open!

Gordon Gibby

The “voltage regulator” that he discusses on his pre-purchase form is just something I tacked onto the board in case somebody wanted a three terminal regulator for some other purpose.   It is not needed for this development at all.   However the traces are there if you decide you would just love to have some 9 V or 12 V or whatever for some purpose.     I guess I had extra printed circuit board real estate and was looking for something to do with it!

On Aug 28, 2019, at 15:29, N8DAH <Dherron@...> wrote:

GE All,

 Kit-projects will be putting out Gordons outboard relay mod. I have put up a small pre-order to see the level of interest. Cost might seem high but we will be using quality parts.

I have boards on order already and will have more ready after the pre-orders ship.

https://shop.kit-projects.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=119

David

 N8DAH
Kit-Projects.com

Shop is open!

Curt

Wow very cool.  I would include a caveat that this addresses one class of spurious - harmonic leakage.  its addition means that a v3 or v4 will most likely be fully compliant up through 17 meters on CW and SSB, and on CW up through 10m (we don't have harmonic issues up there with these PA devices).

Everyone expects you take some profit for your labor - I hope it sells well.

73 Curt

"I guess I had extra printed circuit board real estate and was looking for something to do with it"

SWR Bridge?

It appears my site host may be having some issues. If you made an order and got some errors please check your paypal before attempting another order. If payment was processed then you are good to go.
 If you get errors please send them to me.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
David

 N8DAH
Kit-Projects.com

Shop is open!

KE2GKB

I believe the issue is fixed, If it crops up again please let David or myself know! Thank you all for the patience. 73

-- Tim Keller - KE2GKB https://shop.kit-projects.com

Dan Schaefer

David,

Just tried to order some stuff on your site but was unable to complete the order form . Site kept rejecting things

Will try again in a day or so

Dan   W3BU

It appears my site host may be having some issues. If you made an order and got some errors please check your paypal before attempting another order. If payment was processed then you are good to go.
 If you get errors please send them to me.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
David

 N8DAH
Kit-Projects.com

Shop is open!

Dan Schaefer

Will do.  I’ll try again later tonight.
Dan W3BU

On Aug 28, 2019, at 7:02 PM, KE2GKB via Groups.Io <tkeller@...> wrote:

I believe the issue is fixed, If it crops up again please let David or myself know! Thank you all for the patience. 73

-- Tim Keller - KE2GKB https://shop.kit-projects.com

Ted

Will this include all parts - the relays, inductors, etc, or mainly the board and relays?

Tnx,

Ted
k3rta

Ted,

This will have all the relays, diodes, inductors and caps.
--
David

 N8DAH
Kit-Projects.com

Shop is open!

Forgot to say, on the product page I put a link to Gordons instructions for more information.
--
David

 N8DAH
Kit-Projects.com

Shop is open!

Gordon Gibby

If you can capture comments from the first few builders, we can improve the instructions.

On Aug 29, 2019, at 10:33, N8DAH <Dherron@...> wrote:

Forgot to say, on the product page I put a link to Gordons instructions for more information.
--
David

 N8DAH
Kit-Projects.com

Shop is open!

Ted

Outstanding value! Thanks.

One relay board left on the pre-orders!

I will have about 20-30 more once the pre-orders are filled.

Looks like this may become a stock item for a while.

73

Thanks all!
--
David