Topics

Mic wire up?

Steven

Thanks for all the advice. I hope to have some bench time in the near future.
Steven KM4WIP

Edward Reynolds

Steven
The mic element has a connection point with lines running to the case of element that is the ground side, the other side is the hot or positive side, the positive side is wired to the tip, the ground side is wired to the first ring nearest the insulated cable. The second or middle band on the plug should connector to the PTT wire, sorry can’t give you wire colors, cause I use a 4 male pin chassis mount microphone plug. But the two ground wires connect together on the plug. Hope this helps
Cheers
Ed n7snt

On Aug 6, 2019, at 5:09 AM, Ian Reeve <ian.radioworkshop@...> wrote:

Hi Evan,

This is true of course and I made that assumption that the wire-up was using the supplied pcb.

Thx for your clarification, I do not use the jack for mic/ptt, I use a 3 pin round socket and a repurposed fist mic off a Baofeng or similar.

73

Ian

M0IDR

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Ian's response is correct assuming that you wired the 3.5mm jack correctly as well.

Here is the wire up from HF signals with the pin numbers for the jack.  There is a better diagram on one of the threads on this site, and maybe one in the files section.

73
Evan
AC9TU

Evan Hand

Ian's response is correct assuming that you wired the 3.5mm jack correctly as well.

Here is the wire up from HF signals with the pin numbers for the jack.  There is a better diagram on one of the threads on this site, and maybe one in the files section.

73
Evan
AC9TU

Ian Reeve

That doesn’t sound correct.

It should be tip to mic +

Ring to PTT

Sleeve should ground other mic connection and other ptt connection.

Hope this helps

Ian M0IDR

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hi all. New uBitX owner trying to sort things out. It turns on, has volume and VFO working.  It won't transmit, so I'm starting with one question at a time.

Is my mic wired up correctly? There was little info in the "wire up" on HF signals so I wired it in series, the tip goes to the side of the mic with traces, and then to PTT which is soldered to the ring of the plug.  Is this right?

Thanks! Steven KM4WIP

Steven