Topics

630 meters band

K9SMO <Steveo250k@...>

No, it is not.  If the designer intended mu for micro, then using m would be milli.  Using M would be Mega.  I don't know what U is but u is close enough to the Greek letter mu.  Farhan calls is micro B I T x.  uBITx is close enough.  My eyes aren't so good that I can miss the little tail.

He published a YouTube video where HE titled it uBITX (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-yLof4sTtE&t=1s)  If it's good enough for the designer, it's good enough for me.

Lawrence Galea

I answered because Doug asked about "many are calling the µBITX  UBITX"

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 9:14 PM Vince Vielhaber <vev@...> wrote:
Talk about hijacking a thread.  The Greek alphabet has ZERO to do with
his question about 630 meters.

While the uB is capable of receiving 630, you'd have to add your own
bandpass filters.  I remember someone asking about transmitting down
there once before but don't remember what the answer was.

Vince - K8ZW.

--
   K8ZW  http://www.metalworkingfun.com   http://www.hamradio.fun

iz oos

I remember 160m just needed a lowpass filter. I am not sure, maybe it depends on the versions, whether changing (increasing) the values of emitter caps such as C81 might be useful for lower bands. I am not aware of using in on TX on MW or LW. About the attempts of using it on VHF or above, I would be interested if different from using a transverter.

Il 17/lug/2019 00:01, "KD2QMZ" <syracusepro@...> ha scritto:
Cool  to know those can be modified. Will look into that. I do have V4, and may order a V5 if I kill the V4, which has been crappy after an attempt to add an audio amp kit.
Also, I would like to add that after talking to the manufacturers of the case, a module based version is being tested, aimed to get above some problems with original ubitx.

May try that and see too.

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 4:59 PM Arv Evans <arvid.evans@...> wrote:
To answer the original question...

1) Original BITX was single-band, mostly 20M.  Some were modified for other bands.
     Analog (L-C) VFO was standard.

2) MKARS-80 was a UK BITX for 80 meters.

3) Kit developers then provided parts or parts and PCBs for single band BITX units.
    Some of these kits were modified for other bands.

4) BINGO is an analog VFO version of the original BITX.

5) Then Nigel tested a BITX-17 for 17 Meters and kit providers followed.

6) Minima was an early attempt at an all-band (HF bands) BITX.

7) BITX-40 is a single-band version of the uBITX
     It uses an SI5351A for digital VFO.  The PCB is populated but you have to connect
     the front panel controls and provide a case.

8) uBitx (micro-BITX) is an all-band (HF Bands) version of the BITX.  It uses an Si5351a
     for digital frequency control.  The PCB is populated but you have to connect front-panel
     controls and provide a case.

Almost all versions of the BITX have been modified for other bands, including 160M, 6M,
and 2M.  Some of these mods are more successful than others.

Arv  K7HKL
_._

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 2:34 PM Evan Hand <elhandjr@...> wrote:
The question of mbitix vs ubitx came up as a question to the original post of what was an mbitx.  The person was just trying to get clarification, as there are multiple types/versions in the BITX family.

Enough said.

Evan
AC9TU

KD2QMZ

[...]

Arv Evans

[...]

Evan Hand

The question of mbitix vs ubitx came up as a question to the original post of what was an mbitx.  The person was just trying to get clarification, as there are multiple types/versions in the BITX family.

Enough said.

Evan
AC9TU

KD2QMZ

I have not idea how the Greek Zero thingy got mixed up as I only type the bitx20 group address. My text was the only content on it. Not sure what the system is programmed to do.
My question was not sent on the blog of bitx but its address on my email app with no Greek content anywhere.

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 12:31 PM Doug W <dougwilner@...> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 11:06 AM, Skip Davis wrote:
What is a mbitx?
Many are calling the µBITX  UBITX.  While convenient, it is not technically correct.  Ashhar named the radio µ as in micro.  Since most keyboards do not have a µ and at least on windows going to the character map to cut and paste is a hassle and remembering Alt + 230 is not the top of most folk's life goal lists, we substitute.  While u looks closer I think m is closer to the designer's intention.

--
www.bitxmap.com

KD2QMZ

ubitx is the kit hfsignals sell. The same kit is sold in US by Gigaparts.com and named MBITX.

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 3:14 PM Vince Vielhaber <vev@...> wrote:
Talk about hijacking a thread.  The Greek alphabet has ZERO to do with
his question about 630 meters.

While the uB is capable of receiving 630, you'd have to add your own
bandpass filters.  I remember someone asking about transmitting down
there once before but don't remember what the answer was.

Vince - K8ZW.

On 07/16/2019 01:17 PM, Lawrence Galea wrote:
> Very easy to use the Greek micro symbol.
> just install the Greek keyboard and you can swap between keyboards.
> The letter M becomes the Greek letter μ
> L becomes the Greek letter lambda λ
> Same with other letters.
> Enjoy
>

> On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 6:31 PM Doug W <dougwilner@...
> <mailto:dougwilner@...>> wrote:
>
>     On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 11:06 AM, Skip Davis wrote:
>
>         What is a mbitx?
>
>     Many are calling the µBITX  UBITX.  While convenient, it is not
>     technically correct.  Ashhar named the radio µ as in micro.  Since
>     most keyboards do not have a µ and at least on windows going to the
>     character map to cut and paste is a hassle and remembering Alt + 230
>     is not the top of most folk's life goal lists, we substitute.  While
>     *u* looks closer I think *m* is closer to the designer's intention.
>
>     --
>     www.bitxmap.com <http://www.bitxmap.com>

--
   K8ZW  http://www.metalworkingfun.com   http://www.hamradio.fun

Vince Vielhaber

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 6:31 PM Doug W <dougwilner@...> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 11:06 AM, Skip Davis wrote:
What is a mbitx?
Many are calling the µBITX  UBITX.  While convenient, it is not technically correct.  Ashhar named the radio µ as in micro.  Since most keyboards do not have a µ and at least on windows going to the character map to cut and paste is a hassle and remembering Alt + 230 is not the top of most folk's life goal lists, we substitute.  While u looks closer I think m is closer to the designer's intention.

--
www.bitxmap.com

Doug W

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 11:06 AM, Skip Davis wrote:
What is a mbitx?
Many are calling the µBITX  UBITX.  While convenient, it is not technically correct.  Ashhar named the radio µ as in micro.  Since most keyboards do not have a µ and at least on windows going to the character map to cut and paste is a hassle and remembering Alt + 230 is not the top of most folk's life goal lists, we substitute.  While u looks closer I think m is closer to the designer's intention.

--
www.bitxmap.com

Skip Davis

What is a mbitx?

Skip Davis, NC9O

On Jul 16, 2019, at 11:36, KD2QMZ <syracusepro@...> wrote:

Anyone has done anything to convert the mbitx for 630 meters band use? phone or SSB?

I am interested to fit into the same case for the mbitx for the ubitx or mbitx case from india kits.

Thanks.

KD2QMZ