Topics

Antuino 2.0

Karl Heinz Kremer, K5KHK

Jason, as you can see from Farhan’s comment a few replies back, he is still ironing out the last wrinkles in the design. You will have to wait a little longer. Just watch this group, I assume we will be the first ones to know ;)

--
Karl Heinz - K5KHK

jasonbrambach

Where does one buy the Antuino? I have looked at HFSignals sight for weeks and see only the description and a note saying, "It will be on sale from June 2019." Of course, there is no simple way to contact you through your website, F. Thank you for your help. Much obliged, Jay~ KY9I

Don--AE4DW

It appears there is still a lot of tweaking being done to get the Antuino where it needs to be for mass production and sale.

Is there a new target date for when it will be available to us (anxious and loyal) hfsignals customers?

Ashhar Farhan

Rob,
we had to change the clock to 27 MHz (probably, i didnt edit the schematic properly) as the IF of Antuino is itself at 25 Mhz and the clock crystal would have created a spur right in the middle of the passband. The early Antuino had a 16x2 text LCD display, just 80 of them were made as a workshop project for our club's annual convention. After that, I felt it necessary to add graphics display. I chose a 128x64 LCD display as it provides good readability in the field (it is quite sunny most of the time here), The TFT displays didnt work too well and they drew a lot of current too. The existing Antuino draws about 60 ma when powered up. That will make it last a very long time from a set of six AA dry cells (At 1000 mA-hour rating, it means, that they can be operated for 16 hours continuously before the battery runs out).
73, f

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 2:21 AM Rob Bleumer <Bleumer@...> wrote:
Hi All,
I was comparing the version 1.0 and 2.0 of the Antuino.
Probabely i missed something. I see the schematics and I see the clock crystal of the SI5351  being in version 1.0 25MHz. and in the version 2.0  27MHz.
So there must be also something different in the SI 5351.ino file or so I think for the calibration. I'm not a programmer, but try to understand the schematics and program before building.
Rob PA0RBL

Rob Bleumer

Hi All,
I was comparing the version 1.0 and 2.0 of the Antuino.
Probabely i missed something. I see the schematics and I see the clock crystal of the SI5351  being in version 1.0 25MHz. and in the version 2.0  27MHz.
So there must be also something different in the SI 5351.ino file or so I think for the calibration. I'm not a programmer, but try to understand the schematics and program before building.
Rob PA0RBL

Bruce Hall

This is great news.  Thank you!

Bruce.

On Sun, Jul 14, 2019 at 2:08 AM Ashhar Farhan <farhanbox@...> wrote:
Josh,
the non-linearity, is primarily due to the first IF amp (between the diode mixer and the crystal filter) running out of steam. Change the R18 to 51 ohms (or just solder a 100 ohms across the existing 100 ohms resistor). That should bring up the linearity quite a bit. I notice a 10 db increase. I am collating a few tweaks of changing resistor values to get better linearity. I will post them in a day when I confirm that it works with a few more boards.

- f

On Sun, Jul 14, 2019 at 1:23 AM <WoodJRx@...> wrote:
Still working on the code, but I was able to borrow a 72db step attenuator from a fellow ham.  With Bruce Hall's (bhall66)'s improved code, my Antuino is showing pretty good linearity (in my opinion).  I'm pretty sure I'm having more issues with the attenuator (as it is a slide switch design) providing consistent attenuation than issues with the Antuino.

Linearity.png

Still tinkering...

~Josh
W0ODJ

Ashhar Farhan

WoodJRx@...

Still working on the code, but I was able to borrow a 72db step attenuator from a fellow ham.  With Bruce Hall's (bhall66)'s improved code, my Antuino is showing pretty good linearity (in my opinion).  I'm pretty sure I'm having more issues with the attenuator (as it is a slide switch design) providing consistent attenuation than issues with the Antuino.

Linearity.png

Still tinkering...

~Josh
W0ODJ

WoodJRx@...

hahahaha!  You're right!  I hadn't noticed that.  I'm no programmer, I'm just someone learning / bumbling their way through.  I did my best to merge Bruce Hall's amazing improvments into my own minor changes, and I apparently missed that / screwed that up!  I'll look into it shortly and see if I can figure out how to fix it.

~Josh
W0ODJ

On Sun, Jul 7, 2019 at 8:50 PM KE2GKB via Groups.Io <tkeller=keepdream.in@groups.io> wrote:

Josh, With this new code you can no longer select frequency calibration it seems as well!

-- Tim Keller - KE2GKB https://shop.kit-projects.com

KE2GKB

Josh, With this new code you can no longer select frequency calibration it seems as well!

-- Tim Keller - KE2GKB https://shop.kit-projects.com

Daniel Walter

Josh,
thanks. I’ll see if I can get one of my Arduino savvy friends to upload this.
--
Dan, NM3A

Bruce Hall

Here is my version: https://github.com/bhall66/antuino

Bruce.

can we have a link to the source code for those of us that don't want to argue with AVRdude
--
David

 N8DAH
Kit-Projects.com

Shop is open!

KE2GKB

With this updated firmware and a jumper I am still seeing -13dB in SNA mode? Is this still considered normal? I also see some un-linearity with some pads but ill blame that on lack of calibration for my unit.

-- Tim Keller - KE2GKB https://shop.kit-projects.com

WoodJRx@...

I've attached to hex files (compiled binaries).  I'd recommend trying mine (ported to OpenGLCD, added bhall66's linearity and encoder fixes), and doing calibration afterwards.  I'm quite happy with my devices accuracy and functionality, particularly with those improvements.  If that doesn't work to improve things, i've also included a compiled binary of the original code from Farhan.  That will return it to the way you received it.  With the hex files you just have to worry about setting up the Arduino IDE to connect - you don't have to worry about libraries, compiling, etc.  (IDE settings - Board:  Arduino Nano; Processor: ATMega328P (Old Bootloader); Port:  Whatever it is on your system)

Mine seems just as accurate as any other equipment I have here (which is admittedly nothing even remotely near lab grade).  YMMV. Let me know how it goes!

~Josh
W0ODJ

On Sun, Jul 7, 2019 at 6:01 AM Daniel Walter via Groups.Io <nm3a=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Farhan,

So, what’s the answer? Does the AD8307 need to be changed? This does not seem to be necessary as my readings are pretty consistent, just inaccurate. Would Arduino firmware programming changes fix it? If so, I don’t think that is something I have equipment or expertise to do although I may have club members who could.
--
Dan, NM3A

Daniel Walter

Farhan,

So, what’s the answer? Does the AD8307 need to be changed? This does not seem to be necessary as my readings are pretty consistent, just inaccurate. Would Arduino firmware programming changes fix it? If so, I don’t think that is something I have equipment or expertise to do although I may have club members who could.
--
Dan, NM3A

VISWANATHAN R ELAYIDOM

On Sat, Jul 6, 2019, 10:00 AM VISWANATHAN R ELAYIDOM via Groups.Io <vu2eaf9=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

On Sat, Jul 6, 2019, 9:33 AM Ashhar Farhan <farhanbox@...> wrote:
I suspect (i havent checked) that this is because of inaccurate adc readings. Sometimes the adc takes repetitive readings to get it right.
- f

On Fri 5 Jul, 2019, 9:42 PM Rob Bleumer, <rob.bleumer@...> wrote:
Hi all,
I do not talking about the genetal enclosure but inside the enclosure protect AD8307 and the 25Mhz filters and amplifiers with an extra hf shielding.
Rob PA0RBL

--
Which is the latest version

--