Topics

Power supply from a repurposed pc PSU

rnharp@...

I needed a regulated power supply to run my mBitX and a couple arduino kits, but didnt feel like shelling out a hunderd + bucks. So I modified an ATX power supply from a dead pc. I get 3v, 5v, and 12 volts, made from parts on hand. I also salcaged a bunch og parts from the dead pc, including a few torroids from another power supply.

Jim

Neat set up there with the banana connectors.

Ian Reeve

Repurposed computer power supplies are a excellent provider of a clean 12v supply and a few minutes work to add suitable connectors,it will do a grand job.

From: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> on behalf of Jim <Jscook@...>
Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2019 6:53:27 AM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] Power supply from a repurposed pc PSU

Thomas Sharka

And it's an Antec as well. Antec power supplies have some of the best specs for low RFI emissions. I replaced a bad chinesium power supply in my desktop with an Antec and the background noise levels dropped on my receive by 3 S-Units.

Sent from Yahoo Mail. Get the app

On Sunday, June 23, 2019, 02:03:35 AM EDT, Ian Reeve <ian.radioworkshop@...> wrote:

Repurposed computer power supplies are a excellent provider of a clean 12v supply and a few minutes work to add suitable connectors,it will do a grand job.

Ian Reeve

I can believe that,properly specified and designed in the era when items were of quality,not like today where there is little or no filtering.

From: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> on behalf of Thomas Sharka via Groups.Io <sharkatw@...>
Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2019 7:31:49 AM

And it's an Antec as well. Antec power supplies have some of the best specs for low RFI emissions. I replaced a bad chinesium power supply in my desktop with an Antec and the background noise levels dropped on my receive by 3 S-Units.

Sent from Yahoo Mail. Get the app

On Sunday, June 23, 2019, 02:03:35 AM EDT, Ian Reeve <ian.radioworkshop@...> wrote: