From: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> on behalf of Jim <Jscook@...>
Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2019 6:53:27 AM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] Power supply from a repurposed pc PSU

Neat set up there with the banana connectors.

Thomas Sharka

And it's an Antec as well. Antec power supplies have some of the best specs for low RFI emissions. I replaced a bad chinesium power supply in my desktop with an Antec and the background noise levels dropped on my receive by 3 S-Units.

Sent from Yahoo Mail. Get the app

On Sunday, June 23, 2019, 02:03:35 AM EDT, Ian Reeve <ian.radioworkshop@...> wrote:

Repurposed computer power supplies are a excellent provider of a clean 12v supply and a few minutes work to add suitable connectors,it will do a grand job.

Neat set up there with the banana connectors.

Ian Reeve

I can believe that,properly specified and designed in the era when items were of quality,not like today where there is little or no filtering.