Topics

CW Tone change to 700Hz using KD8CEC firmware. #ubitx-help #ubitxcw #calibration

derek (G4VWI)

Can someone outline how to alter the CW Tone offset frequency from 800Hz to 700Hz using the KD8CEC firmware please.

I am confused by the conflicting data presented in the CW setup. Frequency and BFO calibration appear to be good but having fitted a filter for CW centred on 700Hz I need to alter the "tone". Does the second display show the side tone frequency or does this set the CW offset?

When changing from LSB to CWL I see the 800Hz change in displayed frequency as expected from the memory manager settings and from the data shown in the bottom left hand grid on the TFT display (800Hz).  Using the "menu" button on the encoder I can't seem to find a CW Tone(offset) function. I am concerned NOT to upset the calibration settings elsewhere. Can this be set within the KD8CEC or memory manager? Not sure what the latest version is!

Thanks Derek G4VWI

Vic WA4THR

You should be able to set the CW offset by entering 700 in the Nextion CW menu where it says CW Tone. I suspect it is ignoring the 65535 shown there now as an invalid number. You can also do this from the Memory Manager down in the CW section where it looks for the CW Side Tone. If that is blank, that may be where the 65535 gets interpreted. The third way is accessing the setup menu by pressing the encoder button for the menu, selecting setup menu on, then pressing it again and rotating until you see Change CW Tone.

If you have properly selected to offset the receiver when in CW mode, as indicated by your VFO changing from when in SSB, then the CW tone for receive is also used for your receiver offset. None of this should affect your BFO or calibration.

=Vic=

derek (G4VWI)

Hi Vic.

Your advice and support is much appreciated. It has been a while since I worked on this radio and have forgotten a lot of the information. Not sure where the 65535 came from but I will have a go at changing this later and will let you know how things turn out. If all goes well I will call it a day and leave well alone from now on.

73 Derek G4VWI.

derek (G4VWI)

Just to let you know I have managed to change the CW Tone using the encoder push switch method. I started the memory manager and uploaded from the uBitX.

The CW setup table in the KD8CEC firmware now displays the correct (700Hz)  frequency. The only figure not correctly read from the radio is the VFO-B frequency for some reason. This is also way off but displays correctly on the radio. Why it did this I have no idea but something to look out for. Now back to trying to get this radio linked to a suitable software on a PC.

73 Derek G4VWI.