Topics

Implications of doing a "factory reset" on ubitx....

Mark Hatch

Probably did something dumb....  While working on getting a 5" set of Nextion's screens for KD8CEC, I came across the button in the menu area for "factory" reset. And not believing the 3 challenge questions, I went ahead and "did it".

So what did I lose in doing this? Was there some magical individual calibration (BFO or LO?) on my unit that went back to a default value that now needs to be "tuned"?

Feeling very dumb...

73
Mark
AJ6Cu

Vic WA4THR

As I understand it, if you were properly calibrated before converting to the CEC sketch, the program should have stored those values and that is what gets used for insertion if you do a factory reset. If you did not, whatever was previously programmed (as from the factory, for example) will be what is loaded if you do a reset. Both the Calibration and BFO values are what is replaced. If after doing a reset you find it is off frequency or the BFO is off, then you will need to redo the calibration.

=Vic=

Mark Hatch

Vic,

Thank you! You are exactly right. Found the link on kd8cec's website where he talks about factory reset. And then fired up uBitx Manager, and indeed the data is duplicated where KD8CEC said.... Whew...  When I get to that screen, I think I will make that a little more clear in the warning message for future dummy's (errr... experimenters :-)

73
Mark
AJ6CU