Topics

Antuino power issue

David Wilcox <Djwilcox01@...>

Bruce,

I was going to wait until tomorrow but quickly checked the solder joint at the power socket.... and like yours even a good looking solder joint was faulty.   Especially on the top of the board it looked good but putting a small screw driver at the joint on the bottom of the board and suddenly the unit came alive with the battery pack.

Thanks for your comments and assistance.

Dave K8WPE

KE2GKB

Looking at my board it looks like an incorrect footprint was used for the barrel connector so some holes were drilled out to make it fit. The concequence was that one of the holes all all the through hole copper removed. Thusly there is no electrical connection from the bottom to the top of the board. Putting solder on the top of the pad to the barrel connector fixes this.

-- Tim Keller - KE2GKB https://shop.kit-projects.com