Topics

Ted

Sam Tedesco

Ted, sorry it took so long...but, I have your 3.5" tft. I have pretty much everything mapped out. Smeter, cwdecode, and spectrum are all in the proper places. I used the hmi file you sent me.

Kelly Mabry

Sam was that for a basic or enhanced Nextion?...I also need a 3.5 inch version. Please???!!
73,
Kelly K5AID

Sam Tedesco

Basic

Kelly Mabry

Thanks, I don't  think would do me any good,  I have an  enhanced Nextion 3.5 inch screen.

73,

Kelly K5AID

Ted

Sam,
Thanks!  Once I have that in hand, I'll compare the separate functions & accompanying code, maybe learn something.  Please do shoot over a copy.  I'm sure several of us are grateful.

Kelly,
It's a simple matter to switch the method of saving the screen file from regular to enhanced. Sam or I could do that, as can you  if you were to get the file yourself. Nextion Editor will open it and then save it either way you want it to be saved.  Once you get that file, I'll talk you through it.

73 all,

Ted
K3RTA

On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 2:20, Kelly Mabry
<kmabry2007@...> wrote:
Thanks, I don't  think would do me any good,  I have an  enhanced Nextion 3.5 inch screen.

73,

Kelly K5AID

Kelly Mabry

Thank you so much... I would appreciate it!
73,

Kelly K5AID

ronmhauser@...

Sam, thanks from me as well.  I was reading along, I am heading down the 3.5 nextion path too and appreciate you sharing the files.

73
--Ron
K0EIA

Kelly Mabry

Sam, thanks so much. Tonight's  work includes reinstallng the second nano, updating the raduino fw for the stand alone signal analyzer, and installing the AGC from kit projects.  Thanks for the pictures  and files!

73,

Kelly K5AID

Sam Tedesco

Sorry...re-posting after a few more edits. I deleted prior posts.

Kelly Mabry

Hey Sam, I really like this edition of the ubitx Nextion display. I really like your layout, thank you so much.  Dont have the standalone signal analyzer in yet, but the fw updated via xloader AOK and my display is awesome! Great Job. Many thanks.

73,
Kelly K5AID

Kelly Mabry

Here is my new display sans analyzer installed.

73,

Kelly K5AID

Ted

Sam,

I loaded your earlier afternoon versions and, in the short moments prior to leaving for a HS baseball gave, it looked good. The o-scope graphs are right where they belong :)  Great work!

Sure, will check out the late-evening version and upload.

Teamwork at its best.

73,

Ted

On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 0:36, Sam Tedesco
<stedesco619@...> wrote:
Sorry...re-posting after a few more edits. I deleted prior posts.

Ted

Hey, Sam.

I exchanged the background photos for the main screen and the frequency manual entry screen(s) for copies that I'd sharpened up a bit with Infranview, and hid the last digit as only a personal preference [considering we can't tune to that resolution anyway].  There is also some slight spacing and resizing of the Mode buttons and another button or two elsewhere.... again, just personal fat-fingered preferences.

The last digit in the display can come back in a heartbeat if wanted.  I await your review.

Thanks,

Ted
K3RTA

Sam Tedesco

Edit away! I think you can bring the tune step down to 1 but no worries. I actually use another version modified to favor cw use. I'll keep this on my dev rig so I can help contribute to the board.

Ted

Which version of that is that, that favors CW use? That's not historically my main mode, but I'm starting to go that direction. Thanks.

On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 9:03, Sam Tedesco
<stedesco619@...> wrote:
Edit away! I think you can bring the tune step down to 1 but no worries. I actually use another version modified to favor cw use. I'll keep this on my dev rig so I can help contribute to the board.

Kelly Mabry

Sam, confirm the 1 hz tuning resolution! I used ubitx manager to set a 1 hz 10 hz 100 hz and 1000 hz, etc
tuning steps.

73,
Kelly K5AID

Sam Tedesco

Thanks, Kelly...I thought it was there.

@Ted...just opened your hmi...looks good! For the CW, I am basically using the same CEC sketch, but I removed a lot of the painted items from the jpgs. I replaced with controls that I can manipulate easier. For example, I noticed that you added the second decimal on the frequency. My preference is to use a 5x5 or 7x7 button as a decimal that I can control instead of editing jpgs. I also have minor stuff, like retaining cw info on system resets, no s-meter (have physical), different RIT layout, and a few others.

BTW, I haven't seen Joe on the board. He was working on the same thing for a 5" screen. Hope he got thru it.

Ted

Hi, Sam.

Please explain what you mean by painted items.... do you mean things like the S-meter path that gets overlaid with the moving meter graphic during operation?  What does controlling a decimal via a button do?   This may sound silly, though it's all to do with me figuring out how the programming works and what can be done with it.

Retaining CW settings after a reset would be handy, as would a quick and easy RIT to account for the difference  between one's own freq and the other guy's setting (600-800hz) especially when using a narrow RX filter.

* For the viewership at large, this is a link to the files Sam and I have been playing with (and then a few).

-Ted

Sam Tedesco

Hi Ted,

Yes...s-meter, etc. Funny...just did this last night. I wanted the freq display more to the left and down a bit. If the decimal is painted, I have to move the freq controls and then figure out where the painted decimal needs to be and then edit the picture. With a button, I just control the x,y,w,h and I'm off to the races.

Joe Puma

Hi Ted. I briefly saw your screen layout and understand Sams questions. Yes your S meter is slightly off. It runs over the white lines that which are part of the image. Also the frequency dot Sam is talking about is a image on the layout of the screen. If one wants to move the frequency around they have to adjust the frequency dot graphically as well.

This is a screenshot of my 5” layout. I’m working on the other screens but will make this 5” layout available soon.

image1.jpeg