Topics

New software CEC v1.2 #bitx20

Kelly Mabry

"Ian KD8CEC has released his latest firmware.  This requires a minor configuration flag to be set to your µBITx version (3, 4 or 5) in the sketch before compiling and uploading the code to your µBITx."

What is this flag I need to set? I thought I could just use xloader to upload hex files.... I have to compile it now?  Confused..

73,
Kelly K5AID

Laurence Oberman

Kelly
Ian has combined the code changes into one source tree such that by choosing the required version you build the correct hex file for that ubitx version.

I will build it later using all 3 flags and name the hex file appropriately and share.
Regards
Laurence

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019, 5:19 AM Kelly Mabry <kmabry2007@...> wrote:
"Ian KD8CEC has released his latest firmware.  This requires a minor configuration flag to be set to your µBITx version (3, 4 or 5) in the sketch before compiling and uploading the code to your µBITx."

What is this flag I need to set? I thought I could just use xloader to upload hex files.... I have to compile it now?  Confused..

73,
Kelly K5AID

Laurence Oberman

By the way in your case would keep going with what you have.
No need to upgrade right now.
Regards
Laurence

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019, 7:31 AM Laurence Oberman <oberman.l@...> wrote:
Kelly
Ian has combined the code changes into one source tree such that by choosing the required version you build the correct hex file for that ubitx version.

I will build it later using all 3 flags and name the hex file appropriately and share.
Regards
Laurence

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019, 5:19 AM Kelly Mabry <kmabry2007@...> wrote:
"Ian KD8CEC has released his latest firmware.  This requires a minor configuration flag to be set to your µBITx version (3, 4 or 5) in the sketch before compiling and uploading the code to your µBITx."

What is this flag I need to set? I thought I could just use xloader to upload hex files.... I have to compile it now?  Confused..

73,
Kelly K5AID

Kelly Mabry

Laurence,
Excellent! Thanks!

Going to finish up a few thing today! Wiring up the usb port to the raduino, and preparing to add a buck converter to power the Nextion display, apart from the raduino. I might add a second buck converter for future use... 12v to 5v... I guess I could remove the 7805 on raduino board and power it with 2nd buck converter...?

Kelly K5AID

Jimmy Capizzi <thechubb16@...>

What's the GitHub address? I always have a hard time finding the sources on the webpage.

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019, 8:14 AM Kelly Mabry <kmabry2007@...> wrote:
Laurence,
Excellent! Thanks!

Going to finish up a few thing today! Wiring up the usb port to the raduino, and preparing to add a buck converter to power the Nextion display, apart from the raduino. I might add a second buck converter for future use... 12v to 5v... I guess I could remove the 7805 on raduino board and power it with 2nd buck converter...?

Kelly K5AID

Gary Anderson

GitHub address for phdlee fork of ubitx
https://github.com/phdlee/ubitx