Topics

Headphone Jack wire up #ubitx

cf_fizban

The hf website instruction show the wire connecting two of the posts but the instructions on this site has it going to just one. If I understand things right connecting both it should allow the mono sound to com out both sides of the headphone. Is this correct? This is my current setup.

Hi,

Yes this will work.  However if you every plug a mono set into the jack it will short out the audio (and this is not always good for the audio chip).

I think an alternate method is to connect the positive audio lead to the tip, and the negative lead to the ring.  Both mono and stereo sets will then work with the jack wired this way.

73,

Mark.