Topics

Antuino

Rob Bleumer

Hi Asshar,
A few weeks ago I asked you about the schematics of the Antuino and some problems with the vallue of some components.
As you wrote, I waited becouse of some improvements you were working on.
Untill now I did not see any new messages ( I think ).
Can you give us an update of the project?

Rob PA0RBL

Ashhar Farhan

rob,
i am working on an upgraded version with new software. the new version uses 128x64 graphics LCD screen and it works in three modes : SNA, SWR and Measurement Rx. I will complete the software and push it to github.com.

- f

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 12:19 AM Rob Bleumer <Bleumer@...> wrote:
Hi Asshar,
A few weeks ago I asked you about the schematics of the Antuino and some problems with the vallue of some components.
As you wrote, I waited becouse of some improvements you were working on.
Untill now I did not see any new messages ( I think ).
Can you give us an update of the project?

Rob PA0RBL

David Wilcox

Farhan,

I heard your lecture at FDIM and purchased one of the units but need instruction in how to use it.  Github only has the upgraded code files.  Please advise.

Don--AE4DW

I'm just discovering the Antuino and reading a bit about it. Is there a source for a kit or, at minimum, the pc board?

Karl Heinz Kremer, K5KHK

Farhan sold some last night at FDIM (and yes, I have one ;) ). The sign he had implied that there is a ‘normal’ price of $100, and he sold them at a discount, so I would assume that you will eventually be able to order them.
--
Karl Heinz - K5KHK

Curt

Nice

Hmmm - could I buy enough stuff that the discounts could greatly supplement the travel cost?  LOL with that but nice of those merchants to make the gesture.

selling kits at FDIM implies that the hardware design is complete!  adding a larger display and updating firmware code can be down-loadable.  one can imagine more will come for sale at HFSignals to help fund his long trip to Dayton!  (ditto with QSX for another VIP who was at FDIM).

It takes some time to supply and kit things - nice that some folk at FDIM have first fruit.  They owe use reports after building and using them!

73 Curt

Roy Appleton

And what "unit" pray tell are we talking about here?

Roy
WA0YMH

On Thu, May 16, 2019, 9:12 PM David Wilcox via Groups.Io <Djwilcox01=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Farhan,

I heard your lecture at FDIM and purchased one of the units but need instruction in how to use it.  Github only has the upgraded code files.  Please advise.

JT Croteau

What is an Antuino?

On Fri, May 17, 2019, 12:22 Roy Appleton <twelveoclockhigh@...> wrote:
And what "unit" pray tell are we talking about here?

Roy
WA0YMH

On Thu, May 16, 2019, 9:12 PM David Wilcox via Groups.Io <Djwilcox01=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Farhan,

I heard your lecture at FDIM and purchased one of the units but need instruction in how to use it.  Github only has the upgraded code files.  Please advise.

Karl Heinz Kremer, K5KHK

Jack, W8TEE

It's his spectrum analyzer. I don't understand what Curt's PO'ed about? He's free to attend FDIM.

Jack, W8TEE

On Friday, May 17, 2019, 1:22:01 PM EDT, Roy Appleton <twelveoclockhigh@...> wrote:

And what "unit" pray tell are we talking about here?

Roy
WA0YMH

On Thu, May 16, 2019, 9:12 PM David Wilcox via Groups.Io <Djwilcox01=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Farhan,

I heard your lecture at FDIM and purchased one of the units but need instruction in how to use it.  Github only has the upgraded code files.  Please advise.

Ashhar Farhan

I am building up the info on hfsignals.com. there is a place holdrr page for it already.
- f

On Fri 17 May, 2019, 3:33 PM Jack Purdum via Groups.Io, <jjpurdum=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
It's his spectrum analyzer. I don't understand what Curt's PO'ed about? He's free to attend FDIM.

Jack, W8TEE

On Friday, May 17, 2019, 1:22:01 PM EDT, Roy Appleton <twelveoclockhigh@...> wrote:

And what "unit" pray tell are we talking about here?

Roy
WA0YMH

On Thu, May 16, 2019, 9:12 PM David Wilcox via Groups.Io <Djwilcox01=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Farhan,

I heard your lecture at FDIM and purchased one of the units but need instruction in how to use it.  Github only has the upgraded code files.  Please advise.

V Zecchinelli

HFSignals says available June 2

On 5/17/2019 12:02 PM, Karl Heinz Kremer, K5KHK wrote:
Farhan sold some last night at FDIM (and yes, I have one ;) ). The sign he had implied that there is a ‘normal’ price of $100, and he sold them at a discount, so I would assume that you will eventually be able to order them.
--
Karl Heinz - K5KHK

Bruce Hall

Farhan,

The unit I received at FDIM works fine with Vcc from the barrel jack, but not from the battery pack.

Peeking at the PCB, the power circuit has changed from the schematic you posted on Dec 27th:  there are polarity protection diodes for each input now.  But it looks like batt(-) erroneously goes to the barrel jack instead of ground.  Would you mind checking it?   Should I cut this trace and add a wire to ground?  Or is there a better method?

- Bruce

On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 6:30 PM Ashhar Farhan <farhanbox@...> wrote:
[...]

I just saw your updated schematic on github.   Maybe the only issue is a faulty barrel connector.

- Bruce

On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 7:05 PM Bruce Hall via Groups.Io <bhall66=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Jack

No I was merely be philosophical and maybe slightly trivial. In spite of my call Dayton is about 10 hours away by car, but I should consider making the trip. Nice there are wares to consider,  perhaps a bunch of Jackals were sold. I honestly need bench time more than a trip.

Bruce may solve whatever it is rather soon. Sounds like a real nice instrument Farhan and his friends have provided. Safe travels everyone.

Curt

Bruce Hall

Update:  it works now.  The problem was a cold solder joint on the batt(-) pin of the barrel connector.   I should have looked more closely before posting!

Bruce

On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 09:15 AM, Don W wrote:
I'm just discovering the Antuino and reading a bit about it. Is there a source for a kit or, at minimum, the pc board?
Still scraping the egg off my face..totally missed the obvious link on the hfsignals page.

Michael Aiello

I picked up a couple of SMA-BNC jumpers at the ham fest and was playing with it yesterday afternoon - here is a photo of a PWR scan of the broadcast FM band using an HT whip as an antenna - a few strong local stations show up
73,
Mike N2HTT

Ashhar Farhan

The trouble seems to be with a pin of the dc connector. Just flow a huge blob of solder to where the picture shows.
- f

On Sun 19 May, 2019, 7:39 AM Michael Aiello, <n2htt.mike@...> wrote:
I picked up a couple of SMA-BNC jumpers at the ham fest and was playing with it yesterday afternoon - here is a photo of a PWR scan of the broadcast FM band using an HT whip as an antenna - a few strong local stations show up
73,
Mike N2HTT

Michael Aiello

Photo did not upload from my phone successfully, second try: