Topics

uBitx fan size for the amateurradiokits.in enclosure #ubitx

Jimmy Capizzi <thechubb16@...>

Does anyone know that size of the fan in the back of the enclosure?

Also how did you wire up the fan? Does it just run all the time?

Sam Tedesco

It's a few inches. Connects to tx/rx relay and only turns on during xmit.

Olivier Grand

Hi !
Where is the best point to pick up the +12V from this tx/rx relay (K1) I plan to use this (whit another relay) for disconnect an RF Preamp
Thanks !
Regards !
Olivier

Garanti sans virus. www.avast.com

Le lun. 1 avr. 2019 20:34, Sam Tedesco <stedesco619@...> a écrit :
It's a few inches. Connects to tx/rx relay and only turns on during xmit.

Sam Tedesco

black/red wires

Jimmy Capizzi <thechubb16@...>

Thanks for all the feedback!

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019, 8:13 AM Sam Tedesco <stedesco619@...> wrote:
black/red wires

Olivier Grand

Many thanks, I will use the agc and audio amp wiring too
Regards !
Oliver

Garanti sans virus. www.avast.com

Le mar. 2 avr. 2019 à 14:13, Sam Tedesco <stedesco619@...> a écrit :
black/red wires

Sam Tedesco

Put my production bit in an enclosure over the weekend.

A few annoyances...

1. Nextion sdcard slot gets obstructed. - Open HMI file, select device, rotate to 270 degrees, recompile, and put nextion in case upside down. Now sdcard slot at top.
2. Fan makes farting noise into audio after tx --> rx. -- Ferrite beads on fan wiring, use transistor circuit, or hard wire to 12v (via battery switch on back)?
3. USB wire to rear panel from raduino is worth the time.
4. Key on front panel can only be paddles or straight. Paddles requires cut in trace. -- Leave straight and bring paddles to an extra stereo port on rear.
5. Really pay attention to pics vs. markings on pcb boards for all plug sockets. They don't always match. -- Go with the photos.

Really think out what you want to do before you start. Other than that, fun stuff. Worth the $ and time.

barry halterman

Sam, rotate 270 degrees? Would you not  want 180?
Barry
K3BO

Sam Tedesco

I know...it sounds counter-intuitive...but, yes 270

Joe Puma

For #2 put a cap is across power and a resistor In series with fan after. That’s what I did. If you need values I can search my notes. Sunil is also very helpful with these questions.

Joe
KD2NFC

On Apr 2, 2019, at 4:15 PM, Sam Tedesco <stedesco619@...> wrote:

I know...it sounds counter-intuitive...but, yes 270

Kevin Luxford

Hello Sam,
It would appear from your photo of the wiring that your fan is wired to suck air out of the case, rather than blow air on to the heat sinks.  Is this correct?
Thanks and 73
Kevin VK3DAP / ZL2DAP

Sam Tedesco

Fan blows on finals. That wiring lasted all of 5 minutes. I have it switched to the rear. I did add a resistor in series and cap to ground to get rid of the noise

Kevin Luxford

Sam, thank you.  I will reverse the wires, add a resistor and a cap.
73
Kevin VK3DAP / ZL2DAP

Sam Tedesco

Kevin,

That pic was from the amateurradiokits install picture repo. I'm pretty sure I tested for polarity before soldering and it was correct. I don't remember the physical orientation of the fan.

Kevin Luxford

Hi Sam, I am using your ubitx_35_complete_Enhanced_a.tft. Looks really good.  However I am at the stage where I am tweaking things and having the nextion card reader at the bottom is a PITA.  I tried your instruction to use the .hmi file, click on the display type, select display and select 270 degrees, but when I attempt the compilation, I get error messages.  Is there anything else I should be doing?
Many thanks again.
Kevin VK3DAP / ZL2DAP

Kevin Luxford

If it is any help, the compile error message is: Error: Page:px Error:p1.pic InputVal Invalid:Invalid Pic ID
Cheers,
Kevin VK3DAP / ZL2DAP

Joe Puma

In page px there is something wrong with the pic Id which is the picture in p1. I’m not even sure there should be a p1 in the px page.

Joe
Kd2nfc

On May 2, 2019, at 2:35 AM, Kevin Luxford <kbgluxford@...> wrote:

If it is any help, the compile error message is: Error: Page:px Error:p1.pic InputVal Invalid:Invalid Pic ID
Cheers,
Kevin VK3DAP / ZL2DAP

Ted

Here, guys - please try this copy. I don't see a reference to P1 anywhere in the PX page and I don't know how you're seeing one.  It's a curiosity, for sure.

I'm using the Basic version of this file, and I simply saved it after recompiling it with Enhanced settings (as was done originally).  Mine's been fine though I don't rotate it around at all, not that that should matter.

Interesting.

-Ted

Sam Tedesco

Hi Kevin,

It sounds like you may have accidently added a picture to the sketch. Let me recompile the hmi @270 degrees and I'll repost. Did you use my hmi or Ted's edited version (bigger tune step buttons)?

Sam Tedesco

If you want to fix that, just click on the p1 attribute on the right side (prob in px page) and click on Delete. You were compiling it correctly.

Anyway, here is the new tft. Let us know if it works out.