Topics

VK4PP Ultimate uBitx Daughter Board. #parts #ubitx #filters

Nick VK4PP

HI Everyone.
I'm working on a nice little add-on board for the uBitx.
It contains:
- 200hz CW Filter
- Mic Preamp (SMM2167 Module)
- VK3YE LED AGC
- LPF section (Dual relay per filter)
I will try do it all TH, but the 100uh inductors underneath will need to be 1206 SMT...

Maybe $5 a board + post (VK-$1, DX-$3)

Here is a prototype picture:

73 Nick VK4PP

Kelly Jack

On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 12:19 PM, Nick VK4PP wrote:
HI Everyone.
I'm working on a nice little add-on board for the uBitx.
It contains:
- 200hz CW Filter
- Mic Preamp (SMM2167 Module)
- VK3YE LED AGC
- LPF section (Dual relay per filter)
I will try do it all TH, but the 100uh inductors underneath will need to be 1206 SMT...

Maybe $5 a board + post (VK-$1, DX-$3)

Here is a prototype picture:

73 Nick VK4PP
Nice. I want one. Perforations to separate the lpf section for a different location if desired??

Regards

Simon
VK3ELH

Nick VK4PP

On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 11:59 AM, Kelly Jack wrote:
Perforations to separate the lpf section for a different location if desired??
I could, But the idea is that is plugs in at the front for the Audio connector and then lines up at the back to sit in the same foot print as the original LPF section.

I will align the mounting holes to use the front right main board hole, and then another 2, with easy to drill locations, I am thinking maybe the GND connector of the original(now unused) antenna connector.
and then a convenient/unused via some where on the other edge....

I have basically done all these mods but as separate boards at this stage, and although it works, I think a single board would be much neater, I did even toy with the idea of integrating my RaduinoI2C boar into it as well... well maybe... maybe not...

If i go ahead an produce these in a large quantity, I will do a proper PDF manual with nice build photos. But it will be a few weeks/months till then, I have an unfinished uBitx here that a very patient gentleman is waiting for to be complete....

73 Nick VK4PP

Nick VK4PP

Also, POP fix for earlier boards, and a HPF on RX for BCI option.

Mark Hatch

Hi,

Saw this referenced on ubitx.net. How is the project going? Sounds like a great addon. Be happy to be the test subject on a V4 board. :-)

Mark

Mark M

Looks nice. Please put me down for at least one.

Tks & 73....    Mark    AA7TA

Nick VK4PP

HI All.
Thanks for the interest,
Its been slow going, I'm about 95% complete, just need to confirm spacing/sizing and go over it all again...

Ill get there, eventually.

73 Nick VK4PP

Joe Puma

I am interested too

Joe
KD2NFC

Lawrence Galea

Interesting.
Which μbitx, 3, 4, 5?
Can you make the LPF board separate or at last can be cut off?
Also how about including a 160M LPF position?
Guess this would entail software changes, but I am sure that for the excellent programmers in this group it would be just a simple matter to modify the software.
Thanks and regards
Lawrence

On Thu, May 2, 2019 at 5:22 AM Joe Puma <kd2nfc@...> wrote:
I am interested too

Joe
KD2NFC

Dave Dixon

Hi Nick,
              Put my name on one please.Regards Dave G0AYD.

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 at 01:19, Nick VK4PP <nickpullen@...> wrote:
HI Everyone.
I'm working on a nice little add-on board for the uBitx.
It contains:
- 200hz CW Filter
- Mic Preamp (SMM2167 Module)
- VK3YE LED AGC
- LPF section (Dual relay per filter)
I will try do it all TH, but the 100uh inductors underneath will need to be 1206 SMT...

Maybe $5 a board + post (VK-$1, DX-$3)

Here is a prototype picture:

73 Nick VK4PP

Behiels Jean-Pierre

Hi Nick,

Put my name on one please.

Regards Jean ON4AEF.

              Put my name on one please.Regards Dave G0AYD.

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 at 01:19, Nick VK4PP <nickpullen@...> wrote:

HI Everyone.
I'm working on a nice little add-on board for the uBitx.
It contains:
- 200hz CW Filter
- Mic Preamp (SMM2167 Module)
- VK3YE LED AGC
- LPF section (Dual relay per filter)
I will try do it all TH, but the 100uh inductors underneath will need to be 1206 SMT...

Maybe $5 a board + post (VK-$1, DX-$3)

Here is a prototype picture:

73 Nick VK4PP

Sudanthiram N <vu2nsk@...>

Dear I need one VU2NSK

On Thu, 2 May 2019, 7:15 pm Dave Dixon, <wylyeguy2@...> wrote:
Hi Nick,
              Put my name on one please.Regards Dave G0AYD.

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 at 01:19, Nick VK4PP <nickpullen@...> wrote:
HI Everyone.
I'm working on a nice little add-on board for the uBitx.
It contains:
- 200hz CW Filter
- Mic Preamp (SMM2167 Module)
- VK3YE LED AGC
- LPF section (Dual relay per filter)
I will try do it all TH, but the 100uh inductors underneath will need to be 1206 SMT...

Maybe $5 a board + post (VK-$1, DX-$3)

Here is a prototype picture:

73 Nick VK4PP

Bob Villa

Adding 160m LPF will help a lot.

Miguel
WP4ZI

On Thu, May 2, 2019 at 5:37, Lawrence Galea
<9h1avlaw@...> wrote:
Interesting.
Which μbitx, 3, 4, 5?
Can you make the LPF board separate or at last can be cut off?
Also how about including a 160M LPF position?
Guess this would entail software changes, but I am sure that for the excellent programmers in this group it would be just a simple matter to modify the software.
Thanks and regards
Lawrence

On Thu, May 2, 2019 at 5:22 AM Joe Puma <kd2nfc@...> wrote:
I am interested too

Joe
KD2NFC

Roy Appleton

Where's this daughter board that everybody's talking about? I went to the website and I see no reference to it whatsoever?

Thanks,
Roy
WA0YMH

On Wed, May 1, 2019, 11:16 AM Mark Hatch <mark2382@...> wrote:
Hi,

Saw this referenced on ubitx.net. How is the project going? Sounds like a great addon. Be happy to be the test subject on a V4 board. :-)

Mark

vk6qa

Hi Nick

Can you also put me down for one please

Regards

Keith

Vk6qa

              Put my name on one please.Regards Dave G0AYD.

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 at 01:19, Nick VK4PP <nickpullen@...> wrote:

HI Everyone.
I'm working on a nice little add-on board for the uBitx.
It contains:
- 200hz CW Filter
- Mic Preamp (SMM2167 Module)
- VK3YE LED AGC
- LPF section (Dual relay per filter)
I will try do it all TH, but the 100uh inductors underneath will need to be 1206 SMT...

Maybe $5 a board + post (VK-$1, DX-$3)

Here is a prototype picture:

73 Nick VK4PP

alyn price