Topics

In search of a Raduino #bitx40 #raduino

Michael Dannhardt

I think I've permanently damaged the Raduino in my BITX40. The Nano was bad and while removing it caused the suspected damage.
Does anyone have a source or one that they are willing to part with? Or should I just order a new BITX40 kit?

Also, has anyone found a header socket for the Nano that could be used in the Raduino so that the Nano doesn't need to be soldered in? I'm facing removing a second one and I'm not looking forward to it.

Mike / KA4CDN

Jim Sheldon

Check the TSW website, www.w0eb.com/Page2.html we have a raduino clone kit available.  The sockets are included in the kit along with a new NANO.  The clone kit, once built can be used with either the BITX40 or the uBITX.

After you read the details let me know if this would work for you.

Jim, W0EB

On Mar 12, 2019, at 1:23 PM, Michael Dannhardt <mdannhardt@...> wrote:

I think I've permanently damaged the Raduino in my BITX40. The Nano was bad and while removing it caused the suspected damage.
Does anyone have a source or one that they are willing to part with? Or should I just order a new BITX40 kit?

Also, has anyone found a header socket for the Nano that could be used in the Raduino so that the Nano doesn't need to be soldered in? I'm facing removing a second one and I'm not looking forward to it.

Mike / KA4CDN

Arv Evans

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 12:23 PM Michael Dannhardt <mdannhardt@...> wrote:
I think I've permanently damaged the Raduino in my BITX40. The Nano was bad and while removing it caused the suspected damage.
Does anyone have a source or one that they are willing to part with? Or should I just order a new BITX40 kit?

Also, has anyone found a header socket for the Nano that could be used in the Raduino so that the Nano doesn't need to be soldered in? I'm facing removing a second one and I'm not looking forward to it.

Mike / KA4CDN

RICHARD

I have 2 ea raduinos removed from working radios and one from a UBITX for sale. Contact me off list

K6kwq good in QRZ

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I think I've permanently damaged the Raduino in my BITX40. The Nano was bad and while removing it caused the suspected damage.
Does anyone have a source or one that they are willing to part with? Or should I just order a new BITX40 kit?

Also, has anyone found a header socket for the Nano that could be used in the Raduino so that the Nano doesn't need to be soldered in? I'm facing removing a second one and I'm not looking forward to it.

Mike / KA4CDN

Ted

AA9GG

I blew up mine too, but I was able to replace the Mega328p and re-install the bootloader and BitX40 code

de AA9GG

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 4:28 AM Ted via Groups.Io <k3rta=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
For reworking the job, better tools exist for regular use but this is very handy and cheap, saves cuss words for another opportunity -