Topics

Ubitx V3 current consumption during Tx #ubitx

Praba Karan

Just I noted that my ubitx take 650ma during tx and 75 ma during rx. The supply voltage is 12V. Is it normal or I need to crank further?

Curt

Praba

Check the adjustment instructions at HFsignals, but this sounds correct from memory  for ssb with no audio input. The current should go much higher when applying enough audio or doing cw. Unless you have a key, use a piece of wire to short the cw input to check your transmit current and output power.

Curt

Praba Karan

I noticed 700ma current consumption during FT8 tx.