Topics

load ver.4 original firmware into ubitx ver.3

IZ4SJP Carlo

maybe someone will be so kind to describe step by step how to load version 4 firmware into my ubitx version 3?
thanks in advance
IZ4SJP Carlo

MVS Sarma

why not ver3 itself?

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 9:00 PM IZ4SJP Carlo <carlo@...> wrote:
maybe someone will be so kind to describe step by step how to load version 4 firmware into my ubitx version 3?
thanks in advance
IZ4SJP Carlo

Vic WA4THR

The v4 code has a different calibration scheme, which is actually pretty easy if you have a second receiver. The code is posted at: https://github.com/afarhan/ubitx4

You can get the needed Arduino IDE compiler for free at: https://www.arduino.cc/en/main/software

Using the Arduino IDE program, you can read the ubitx_v4.3_code.ino code, compile it, and load it into the Raduino with a USB cable.

While I now understand this, I'll admit the process was not so obvious when I started. Another "geezer" (AA4PG) posted some very clear instructions here: http://radman.no-ip.ca:96/wordpress/?p=2747

=Vic=

MVS Sarma

While on process of loading a newer revision firmware, it is better to clear the eeprom saved contents.
There is some .ino called  eeprom_clear (Thanks to om mahesh  vu2iia who acquainted me of this). it helps clean up the Arduino nano
Hope it helps.
sarma
vu3zmv

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 9:00 PM IZ4SJP Carlo <carlo@...> wrote:
maybe someone will be so kind to describe step by step how to load version 4 firmware into my ubitx version 3?
thanks in advance
IZ4SJP Carlo

Jack, W8TEE

Sarma:

In some cases, subsequent software programs may read the EEPROM memory space to decide whether it has been written to before and, if so, acts differently based on what it read from EEPROM address 0x00. Most Arduino microcontrollers are "factory set" with an EEPROM value of 0xFF. You should check to see if your program responds differently based on EEPROM values. If so, you may want the .ino program to write that specific value to the EEPROM.

Jack, W8TEE

On Monday, February 18, 2019, 11:15:44 PM EST, MVS Sarma <mvssarma@...> wrote:

While on process of loading a newer revision firmware, it is better to clear the eeprom saved contents.
There is some .ino called  eeprom_clear (Thanks to om mahesh  vu2iia who acquainted me of this). it helps clean up the Arduino nano
Hope it helps.
sarma
vu3zmv

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 9:00 PM IZ4SJP Carlo <carlo@...> wrote:
maybe someone will be so kind to describe step by step how to load version 4 firmware into my ubitx version 3?
thanks in advance
IZ4SJP Carlo

MVS Sarma

Got it  Jack,
But when after loading  , say kd8cec firmware , i had issues and my friend guided me and after that It had worked as expected.

regards
sarma
vu3zmv