Topics

SMD inductors for L5 and L7 replacement

Peter Russell <peter.russell@...>
 

I've just received 300 of these little beasties, so if anyone in UK wants some I'll be happy to supply.

I reckon £1 for 10 including postage should be about right. (PayPal is fine with me).

Lets not clutter up the list with this, email me directly with your address and we'll work it out.

Peter.

---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com

MVS Sarma
 

Thst becomes a good service. All the best.


On Wed, 13 Feb 2019, 6:57 pm Peter Russell <peter.russell@... wrote:
I've just received 300 of these little beasties, so if anyone in UK
wants some I'll be happy to supply.

I reckon £1 for 10 including postage should be about right. (PayPal is
fine with me).

Lets not clutter up the list with this, email me directly with your
address and we'll work it out.

Peter.

---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com




Nigel G4ZAL
 

Have you been able to fit yours and confirm they clean things up Peter?

Nigel

MVS Sarma
 

Good news. I need not repent that i wasted Peter's money. 
I exepect others to make adantage of 1 pound offer for 10 lot.

On Thu, 14 Feb 2019, 12:58 pm Nigel G4ZAL <nigel@... wrote:
Have you been able to fit yours and confirm they clean things up Peter?

Nigel

Peter Russell <peter.russell@...>
 

No, not yet.

Been a bit busy on other projects.

But they are the specified ones.

Peter.

On 14/02/2019 07:28, Nigel G4ZAL wrote:
Have you been able to fit yours and confirm they clean things up Peter?
Nigel
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com

James Lawrie
 

Just a quick question are the smd inductors needed if one was to provide shielding around the installed toroids? Another quick question what would the results be if two 45 MHz were used back to back, would that solve or improve things?

Thanks,

Jim

On Feb 14, 2019, at 07:46, Peter Russell <peter.russell@...> wrote:

No, not yet.

Been a bit busy on other projects.

But they are the specified ones.

Peter.

On 14/02/2019 07:28, Nigel G4ZAL wrote:
Have you been able to fit yours and confirm they clean things up Peter?
Nigel
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com



RICHARD
 

I will trade a 45 mhz crystal filter for a pair of L5/L7 inductors. K6kwq@....

Dick k6kwq

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


From: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> on behalf of Peter Russell <peter.russell@...>
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2019 5:46:48 AM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] SMD inductors for L5 and L7 replacement
 
No, not yet.

Been a bit busy on other projects.

But they are the specified ones.

Peter.

On 14/02/2019 07:28, Nigel G4ZAL wrote:
> Have you been able to fit yours and confirm they clean things up Peter?
>
> Nigel
>

---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com




MVS Sarma
 

That is fine. But, courier guys get double benefit as they handle 2 parcels. 
I suppose,  you could offer the crystal to any other needy.


On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 10:01 PM RICHARD <k6kwq@...> wrote:

I will trade a 45 mhz crystal filter for a pair of L5/L7 inductors. K6kwq@....

Dick k6kwq

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


From: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> on behalf of Peter Russell <peter.russell@...>
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2019 5:46:48 AM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] SMD inductors for L5 and L7 replacement
 
No, not yet.

Been a bit busy on other projects.

But they are the specified ones.

Peter.

On 14/02/2019 07:28, Nigel G4ZAL wrote:
> Have you been able to fit yours and confirm they clean things up Peter?
>
> Nigel
>

---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com




ohwenzelph
 

I though toroids were inherently self shielding...

jim
 

As a FYI some photos of tests I made with the stock 45 mhz filter and a 'modified' one with filters I got off ebay

Jim

On Thursday, February 14, 2019, 7:43:48 AM PST, James Lawrie <lawriejk@...> wrote:


Just a quick question are the smd inductors needed if one was to provide shielding around the installed toroids? Another quick question what would the results be if two 45 MHz were used back to back, would that solve or improve things?

Thanks,

Jim
> On Feb 14, 2019, at 07:46, Peter Russell <peter.russell@...> wrote:
>
> No, not yet.
>
> Been a bit busy on other projects.
>
> But they are the specified ones.
>
> Peter.
>
>> On 14/02/2019 07:28, Nigel G4ZAL wrote:
>> Have you been able to fit yours and confirm they clean things up Peter?
>> Nigel
>
> ---
> This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
>
>
>
>


 

Yes but, I found the smallest lead on the components in that area
picks up too much of harmonics from the relays. The high gain from
45MHz filter till finals plays havoc creating spurs.

Raj

At 15/02/2019, you wrote:
I though toroids were inherently self shielding...

Nigel G4ZAL
 

Hi Peter,  I’ll take a punt and have 10 off of you.
Got a paypal address?

Peter Russell <peter.russell@...>
 

Hello Nigel,

peter.russell@...

Let me have your address so I can send 'em.

Peter.


On 15/02/2019 17:10, Nigel G4ZAL wrote:
Hi Peter,  I’ll take a punt and have 10 off of you.
Got a paypal address?
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com

Brian Arnott
 

10 please Peter, e-mail please for payment and my address.

Regards

Brian. 

Nigel G4ZAL
 

Hi Peter,

The forum does a good job of obscuring your email address.

I got the prefix part before the @ - what is the suffix part?

I don't subscribe by email as I used to get a gazillion emails in the early days and now only check the web pages I'm interested in via a browser.

Nigel - G4ZAL

----------------------------------------------
Hello Nigel,

peter.russell@...

Let me have your address so I can send 'em.

Peter.

Karl Heinz Kremer, K5KHK
 

You don’t need somebody’s email address to send them a private message via the web interface: Just click on the reply button, but then use the “Private” button below the message editor - it’s gray and on the right side. When you do that, groups.io will send out a normal email, that the recipient can reply to. 
--
Karl Heinz - K5KHK

Nigel G4ZAL
 

Thanks Karl.

@Peter
Paypal sent and I sent to your email address and it go returned with ... Server error: '452 ... temporary failure'

Nigel

Curt
 

I did notice from the v5 schematic that it still uses toroids, not shielded inductors. I am debating with myself a bit how necessary they are. In my own unit, the toroids seem to he okay, only displaying sensitivity on 40 meters, maybe mostly on CW. This has me thinking that my v4 experiences RF coupling into L5 on 7 MHz, where it then gets amplified by the BiDi amp and cancels with the excitation piped into the biased mixer (that then isn't a mixer but a resistive coupler). But why only on 7 MHz? I would guess it may be coupled from PA output. I should try same measurement of power into a dummy load for ssb, evaluating touch sensitivity of L5. My cw output dips a couple watts on 40m only, so its mostly a curiosity.  A visit to spectrum analyzer has been delayed, so no data yet to see if only adding input relays on a daughter board plus a 45 MHz LC filter is enough to cure spurious.

73 Curt