Topics

atenuator

terry hughes

hi

i have kd8cec version 1.097

the manual does not explain what the menu item att does

on switch on it says att on
i assume att means attenuator.
i sleeted it and it said att on

on selection i saw a series of number - i selected 0

what have i done ???

terry gm4dso

Terry,

Nothing much.

Attenuate 0 should mean the same of it being OFF.

Raj

At 22-01-19, you wrote:

what have i done ???

terry gm4dso

_Dave_ K0MBT

The attenuator varies from 0-254
If you switch over to the nextion display it becomes a slider on the main screen. Too loud just slide it to the right. Beats digging through the menus.

Evan Hand

If you have the Nextion display you will see a red rectangle show up that you can slide left or right to move the filter frequency tak8ng advantage of the 45mhz crystal filter to attenuate the signal.

73
Evan
AC9TU

MVS Sarma

Yes Evan,
 That is what I too observed.
I wonder whether it has some thing to do with Calibration?

On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 7:29 PM Evan Hand <elhandjr@...> wrote:
If you have the Nextion display you will see a red rectangle show up that you can slide left or right to move the filter frequency tak8ng advantage of the 45mhz crystal filter to attenuate the signal.

73
Evan
AC9TU

_Dave_ K0MBT

No not for calibration. It is to attenuate strong signals. I get a lot of powerful stations that saturate the audio Thanks for agreeing with me Evan.

Jerry Gaffke

Yes, attenuates signals on receive by positioning them on the skirt of the 45mhz crystal filter.
Might also be used for SSB transmit ALC if you are into that.
Idea originated with VK2ETA
    https://groups.io/g/BITX20/message/51909

Jerry, KE7ER

On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 07:35 AM, d balfour wrote:
No not for calibration. It is to attenuate strong signals. I get a lot of powerful stations that saturate the audio Thanks for agreeing with me Evan.

_Dave_ K0MBT

Thanks for the link