Topics

JackAl displays

Albert Peter

Hi everyone,

There have been several inquiries regarding the displays used on the JackAl board for uBITX.  Display technology for microcontrollers is rather complex and very dependent on having the right combination of display, controller chip and, most importantly, a set of graphics libraries for that micro-controller and display.

JackAl was designed to be used with a very specific high resolution TFT touch display, for which there are reliable libraries.  For instance, it will not work with the Nextion series of displays as configured.  The software would have to be significantly rewritten to use these other displays.

In the process of designing JackAl, we looked at a number of display options and determined that the ones specified from buydisplay.com will do the job.  We have not tested any other displays with the final software, other than those specified from buydisplay.com.  We know those work and the supplier appears to be reliable.  Any other displays have not been qualified to work.

Hope this helps with some of the JackAl display questions,

Regards,

Al

AC8GY

Sent from Mail for Windows 10