Topics

nanos on sale at banggood for $2.39 USD #nano #arduino

Doug W

ag4qc38313

Well, yes. But then the shipping is $2.50  Not such a good deal anymore.

Roy Appleton

You didn't select free shipping!

Roy
WA0YMH

On Sun, Dec 30, 2018, 3:50 PM ag4qc38313 <ag4qc@... wrote:

Woody

Reading down the add, it appears that it is shipped without a clock crystal as well.
Woody, KZ4AK

On 12/30/2018 21:50, ag4qc38313 wrote:
_._,_._,_

--

Jerry Gaffke

Well, technically you're right, it has a 16mhz ceramic resonator, not a crystal.
The resonator is that little dinky thing just north of the square 32 pin processor chip
in the banggood photos.

That Nano clone looks exactly like the one in the Raduino.
And since it comes without the header pins installed,
you can solder them on the "wrong" side so it fits into the v4 Raduino socket.

Buy a dozen, then you're all set on 2019 Christmas presents.

Jerry, KE7ER

On Sun, Dec 30, 2018 at 02:09 PM, Woody wrote:
Reading down the add, it appears that it is shipped without a clock crystal as well.
Woody, KZ4AK

DJ2AG

This is because the CH340G serial chip has a build in Chrystal.

it looks to me that this Banggood offer is not that cheap for US customers. No free shipping from CN warehouse. To get free shipping you have to choose delivery from US warehouse, but then the price is more than 5$.

I think you will find better offers at Aliexpress.

73 de Armin, DJ2AG

Jerry Gaffke

No.
The ATMega328P has a 16mhz ceramic resonator, as shown in the Banggood photos.
The CH340G has a 12mhz ceramic resonator of the same physical appearance.
    http://actrl.cz/blog/wp-content/uploads/nano_ch340_schematics-rev1.pdf

Haven't tried to buy that particular thing from them,
but I've been happy enough with Banggood pricing and shipping policies in the past.

Jerry

On Sun, Dec 30, 2018 at 02:38 PM, DJ2AG wrote:

it looks to me that this Banggood offer is not that cheap for US customers. No free shipping from CN warehouse. To get free shipping you have to choose delivery from US warehouse, but then the price is more than 5$.

73 de Armin, DJ2AG

Jim Sheldon

I ordered a boatload of them to go with the Raduino Clone kits I have to offer.  Shipping to US from China warehouse was $1.40 US so I don't see where that would even present a problem.  That was for AirMail shipping and I ordered 25 of them.

Jim, W0EB

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 12/30/2018 4:38:57 PM
Subject: Re: [BITX20] nanos on sale at banggood for $2.39 USD #arduino #nano

73 de Armin, DJ2AG

Doug W

you can select free standard shipping from the CN warehouse

--
www.bitxmap.com

Arv Evans

Arduino Nano's are starting to show up with micro-USB instead of mini-USB connectors. 
This makes it much easier to find cables for them.  It also means that they can be powered
with the less-than-a-dollar plug-in chargers from the Dollar Store.

These particular Nano's are interesting because it appears that they include real crystals for
the 12 MHz USB and 16 MHz AVR processor. 

Arv  K7HKL
_._

On Sun, Dec 30, 2018 at 3:09 PM Woody <mailme@...> wrote:
Reading down the add, it appears that it is shipped without a clock
crystal as well.
Woody, KZ4AK

> Well, yes. But then the shipping is $2.50  Not such a good deal anymore.
> _._,_._,_
>

--

John

I've used their Nanos before with good results.  If you buy em in bulk (5 or 10) they're always this cheap with minimal shipping costs.

Speaking of which, since we in the US are no longer going to subsidize Chinese mailing costs (which is why they have been able to ship stuff to the US for such low charges) , look for all Chinese supplier shipping to go up. 

John

Bob Lunsford <nocrud222@...>

REF:
Arduino Nano's are starting to show up with micro-USB instead of mini-USB connectors.
This makes it much easier to find cables for them. It also means that they can be powered

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When shopping for cables and chargers, check Dollar Tree first. There are some items
such a stereo-to-stereo cables there.

I cut off one end of such a cable and used the cable for the mic...it worked fine.

You only have to Ohm out the connector and wires to make a color translation table
for the correct connection to the mic per the schematic/diagram.The one I used had a
braided outer covering that looked like some of the cables used for earphones
ages ago but it was silver colored. Neat.

Bob — KK5R

--------------------------------------------

On Sun, 12/30/18, Arv Evans <arvid.evans@...> wrote:

To: BITX20@groups.io
Date: Sunday, December 30, 2018, 7:19 PM

Arduino Nano's
are starting to show up with micro-USB instead of mini-USB
connectors. 
This makes it much
easier to find cables for them.  It also means that they
can be powered
with the
less-than-a-dollar plug-in chargers from the Dollar
Store.
https://es.aliexpress.com/store/product/Nano-V3-ATmega328-CH340G-Micro-USB-Pin-headers-NOT-soldered-Compatible-for-Arduino-Nano-V3-0/1950989_32664577152.html
These particular Nano's are
interesting because it appears that they include real
crystals for
the 12 MHz USB and
16 MHz AVR processor. 

https://www.robotshop.com/en/5v-15a-usb-wall-adapter-us.html?gclid=CjwKCAiA9qHhBRB2EiwA7poaeAzJpiX7WbmD5d2ZU_bzxyUgkDiTsVuJcdIqJY6sFlMqupLEDM3zExoCAd8QAvD_BwE
https://www.cnaweb.com/3-ft-usb-2-0-cable-a-to-micro-b-m-m-black.aspx?gclid=CjwKCAiA9qHhBRB2EiwA7poaeOr7AbBZDZ-SHnS1zJPSjSK1YMuHM5QiXVWFqnRfdeW0ALPygOfnNBoCRcQQAvD_BwE
Arv  K7HKL_._

On Sun, Dec 30, 2018 at 3:09 PM Woody <mailme@...>
wrote:
Reading down the add, it
appears that it is shipped without a clock

crystal as well.

Woody, KZ4AK

> Well, yes. But then the shipping is $2.50  Not such a
good deal anymore.

>

MVS Sarma

On Mon, Dec 31, 2018 at 1:28 PM Bob Lunsford via Groups.Io <nocrud222=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
REF:
This makes it much easier to find cables for them.  It also means that they can be powered

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When shopping for cables and chargers, check Dollar Tree first. There are some items

I cut off one end of such a cable and used the cable for the mic...it worked fine.

You only have to Ohm out the connector and wires to make a color translation table
for the correct connection to the mic per the schematic/diagram.The one I used had a

Bob — KK5R

To: BITX20@groups.io

Arduino Nano's
 connectors. 
 This makes it much
 can be powered
 with the
 Store.
 https://es.aliexpress.com/store/product/Nano-V3-ATmega328-CH340G-Micro-USB-Pin-headers-NOT-soldered-Compatible-for-Arduino-Nano-V3-0/1950989_32664577152.html
 crystals for
 the 12 MHz USB and
 16 MHz AVR processor. 

https://www.robotshop.com/en/5v-15a-usb-wall-adapter-us.html?gclid=CjwKCAiA9qHhBRB2EiwA7poaeAzJpiX7WbmD5d2ZU_bzxyUgkDiTsVuJcdIqJY6sFlMqupLEDM3zExoCAd8QAvD_BwE
 https://www.cnaweb.com/3-ft-usb-2-0-cable-a-to-micro-b-m-m-black.aspx?gclid=CjwKCAiA9qHhBRB2EiwA7poaeOr7AbBZDZ-SHnS1zJPSjSK1YMuHM5QiXVWFqnRfdeW0ALPygOfnNBoCRcQQAvD_BwE
 Arv  K7HKL_._

wrote:
 Reading down the add, it

crystal as well.

Woody, KZ4AK

good deal anymore.

>

Jack, W8TEE

All:

Don't forget second hand (often church-related) stores. I picked up 3 feet of 50 conductor ribbon cable for $0.10, and a 19V, 3.5A laptop wall wart for $1.75 which I think I'll use for the µBITX PA supply as it's very clean. You can also buy complete old computers for under $10 and the PS alone with worth much more than that!

Jack, W8TEE

On Monday, December 31, 2018, 2:58:03 AM EST, Bob Lunsford via Groups.Io <nocrud222@...> wrote:

REF:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bob — KK5R

Arduino Nano's
connectors. 
This makes it much
can be powered
with the
Store.
crystals for
the 12 MHz USB and
16 MHz AVR processor. 

Arv  K7HKL_._

wrote:
Reading down the add, it

crystal as well.

Woody, KZ4AK

good deal anymore.

>

Dave Dixon

when i visit our local recycling centre i always ask if they have any old electrc lawnmowers and cut the cable and use this as aerial wire.dave G0AYD.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.

On Mon, 31 Dec 2018 at 14:32, Jack Purdum via Groups.Io <jjpurdum=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
All:

Don't forget second hand (often church-related) stores. I picked up 3 feet of 50 conductor ribbon cable for $0.10, and a 19V, 3.5A laptop wall wart for $1.75 which I think I'll use for the µBITX PA supply as it's very clean. You can also buy complete old computers for under $10 and the PS alone with worth much more than that!

Jack, W8TEE

On Monday, December 31, 2018, 2:58:03 AM EST, Bob Lunsford via Groups.Io <nocrud222=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

REF:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bob — KK5R

Arduino Nano's
connectors. 
This makes it much
can be powered
with the
Store.
crystals for
the 12 MHz USB and
16 MHz AVR processor. 

Arv  K7HKL_._

wrote:
Reading down the add, it

crystal as well.

Woody, KZ4AK

good deal anymore.

>

doug@...

Nanos typically run $3.20 from Amazon with free shipping - which is usually 2 days. I've been happy with the quality.

Doug - KJ0F

On 12/30/2018 4:26 PM, Doug W wrote:
you can select free standard shipping from the CN warehouse

--
www.bitxmap.com

Andrew Crawford <tecknowguy@...>

uBITX "Nuclear" Micro Processor (Fishino Guppy)
Hi there,
Heres a Micro that might help some.
This micro comes with 1 . WiFi
                                     2 . Batt backup for Processor - Standby/Sleep  mode
                                     3 . SD Memory expansion- Logging of contacts when away from rig with similar uBITX base stations , displaying Contacts Name and time of call (pre-arranged  calling network frequency)
                                     4 . On Board Power Management using a Buck Converter.( No more power regulator issues or mods)

5 . Text message sent to your Cellular Mobile Alert from you base station rig while you mowing the lawns from your HF mate far away.
                                     6 . Tone Calling on SSB between stations with same equipment registering call recognition and replying with call has been received notification.

Some ideas to bring this HF unit into 2019.
Just one problem Im not a code writer, just a humble Inventor and electrician .
Know any Arduino friendly coders familiar with the project ?
From Andrew. 
Kiwi NZ

On Sun, Dec 30, 2018 at 4:27 PM John <johnk5mo@...> wrote:
I've used their Nanos before with good results.  If you buy em in bulk (5 or 10) they're always this cheap with minimal shipping costs.

Speaking of which, since we in the US are no longer going to subsidize Chinese mailing costs (which is why they have been able to ship stuff to the US for such low charges) , look for all Chinese supplier shipping to go up. 

John

Andrew Crawford <tecknowguy@...>

Thanks , 
Our freight is still ok.
FromAndrew

On Sun, Dec 30, 2018 at 4:27 PM John <johnk5mo@...> wrote:

John

Snowist

No need to reming but if you want to buy something from Ali or similar Chinese store look at the store points and products sold quantity. Personally I prefer it should be min 50+ sales before clicking on buy button.

Yes, suggested Robodin store is good to go with 1830 sales so far with micro usb interface but shipping cost will apply. It is good with Quartz resonator.
https://tr.aliexpress.com/item/Nano-V3-ATmega328-CH340G-Micro-USB-Pin-headers-NOT-soldered-Compatible-for-Arduino-Nano-V3-0/32664577152.html

If you want to keep your Nano away from main uBitx Radionu borad this is interesting one
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Atmega328P-Nano-V3-0-3-0-CH340G-CH340-Driver-Terminal-Adapter-Expansion-Board-Micro-Controller-Module/32847163727.html

John

What would be the practical reason for preferring a quartz clock rather than a ceramic resonator?  I get that one is more stable than the other, but in a practical aspect... why would anyone care?   

John K5MO