Ashhar Farhan

go by the one on the github
- f

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 10:46 PM Paul Galburt - K2AYZ <galburt@...> wrote:
Thanks so much for the work on this design.

I noticed that the schematic included in your original post has a single 3-crystal filter while the one on GIT hub has two complete filters chained. Can you explain which is correct?

Thanks!

Paul K2AYZ

Paul Galburt - K2AYZ

Thanks so much for the work on this design.

I noticed that the schematic included in your original post has a single 3-crystal filter while the one on GIT hub has two complete filters chained. Can you explain which is correct?

Thanks!

Paul K2AYZ

Ashhar Farhan

Not yet. in a different thread, i have posted some changes in component values, I am waiting for those to be confirmed before we ship.

- f

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 11:20 AM Kevin Luxford <kbgluxford@...> wrote:
No price or sale information on HFSignals website. I take it that that the antuino is not yet on sale?
vy 73
Kevin VK3DAP / ZL2DAP

Kevin Luxford

No price or sale information on HFSignals website. I take it that that the antuino is not yet on sale?
vy 73
Kevin VK3DAP / ZL2DAP

Sajeesh Pilakkat

Does Specan_UI functions with antenna analyzer (previous version)?  Any one tried ?

Gordon Gibby <ggibby@...>

That would be great!
Gordon

On Jun 14, 2019, at 01:02, Ashhar Farhan <farhanbox@...> wrote:

Sajeesh,
A few of us are working offline to sort out some software bugs and production issues. It should be on sale very soon.
- f

On Fri 14 Jun, 2019, 10:00 AM Sajeesh Pilakkat, <sajeeshpilakkat@...> wrote:
When the sale of Antuino plan to restart ? Website indicate it will be in June 2019.  Is that started?
-vu2oid

Ashhar Farhan

Sajeesh,
A few of us are working offline to sort out some software bugs and production issues. It should be on sale very soon.
- f

On Fri 14 Jun, 2019, 10:00 AM Sajeesh Pilakkat, <sajeeshpilakkat@...> wrote:
When the sale of Antuino plan to restart ? Website indicate it will be in June 2019.  Is that started?
-vu2oid

Sajeesh Pilakkat

When the sale of Antuino plan to restart ? Website indicate it will be in June 2019.  Is that started?
-vu2oid

Ashhar Farhan

Change
#define IF_FREQ  (24996000l)
to whatever you want. It is right at the top in the main ino file

- f

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 3:01 AM nestor fernando casari <fernandocasari@...> wrote:
I slapped one together on the bench and used 69mhz filters salvaged out of a really dead
TS830 instead of the crystals for the filters.  Tweaked the code and works well.

Could you explain a little how to modify the code for other IF is just one or two lines of code or mayor surgery.

Thanks in advance

Fernando

nestor fernando casari

I slapped one together on the bench and used 69mhz filters salvaged out of a really dead
TS830 instead of the crystals for the filters.  Tweaked the code and works well.

Could you explain a little how to modify the code for other IF is just one or two lines of code or mayor surgery.

Thanks in advance

Fernando

ajparent1/KB1GMX

I slapped one together on the bench and used 69mhz filters salvaged out of a really dead
TS830 instead of the crystals for the filters.  Tweaked the code and works well.

Currently I'm experimenting with a replacement for the detector using a 1khz (really 1000 cycles)
low pass amplifier as that would allow a greater frequency range than 69mhz filter.

Allison

Bo Barry <bobarr@...>

A note to the VU hams.
Where are you?
I've worked Outer Mongolia & China but can't find a VU on CW or FT8.
Most likely it will take an amplified version of the ubitx.
73,
--
Bo W4GHV - since '54

Vic WA4THR

They were selling the fully assembled Antuinos for $80 at FDIM.

=Vic=

Ian vk2ama

Obviously

MVS Sarma

Obvious that only Farhan can bring out the price at the due time

On Sat, May 18, 2019 at 11:18 AM Ian vk2ama <ieand@...> wrote:
I see the Antuino was officially released at FDIM. Anyone know how much it will be to the rest of us?

Ian vk2ama

I see the Antuino was officially released at FDIM. Anyone know how much it will be to the rest of us?

Must be following this group!

Raj

At 29-12-18, you wrote:
The SMD AD8307 was selling for two dollars on mouser, then suddenly upped the price.Â

- f

On Sat, Dec 29, 2018 at 11:54 AM Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io <jgaffke=yahoo.com@groups.io > wrote:
Tacking an AD8307 into a uBitx between the 12mhz crystal filter and the demodulator
could make it useful as a spectrum analyzer. Â
Given the better crystal filter and the higher first IF of the uBitx,
should be a better choice than an Antuino.
Though may not fit into a cubesat.

The AD8307 is $13 each up on Mouser.
Ebay sellers have them at about $0.30 each.
The ebay parts reportedly work well enough, but may be a bit out of spec
with regard to calibration.
Jerry

On Fri, Dec 28, 2018 at 09:46 PM, Jerry Gaffke wrote:
I was assuming the Antuino would have a set of front end filters for each region of interest.
Though the 25mhz IF is kind of low for this to be convenient.

Ashhar Farhan

[...]

Jerry Gaffke

Tacking an AD8307 into a uBitx between the 12mhz crystal filter and the demodulator
could make it useful as a spectrum analyzer.
Given the better crystal filter and the higher first IF of the uBitx,
should be a better choice than an Antuino.
Though may not fit into a cubesat.

The AD8307 is $13 each up on Mouser.
Ebay sellers have them at about $0.30 each.
The ebay parts reportedly work well enough, but may be a bit out of spec
with regard to calibration.

Jerry

On Fri, Dec 28, 2018 at 09:46 PM, Jerry Gaffke wrote:
I was assuming the Antuino would have a set of front end filters for each region of interest.
Though the 25mhz IF is kind of low for this to be convenient.

Ashhar Farhan

jerry,
we need 80 db dynamic range for useful work with specans. at 6db per bit, this pushes for a 14 bit dac or better. these, including thr rtl-sdr family are hardly useful.
for a radio amateur, a double conversion specan can easily be buily for less than $100 providing as good a performance as thr professional ones with limited range and bandwidth selection.
with 110 mhz as the first IF and 12 mhz as the second, onr can span 0-70 mhz easily
- f

On Sat, 29 Dec 2018, 11:16 Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io <jgaffke=yahoo.com@groups.io wrote:
I was assuming the Antuino would have a set of front end filters for each region of interest.
Though the 25mhz IF is kind of low for this to be convenient.

Arv's DC receiver as a spectrum analyzer is also worth considering.

I've had parts here for a year or so to build a 0-55mhz spectrum analyzer
around two of the PX1002 86.85mhz SAW filters.
Seeing the Antuino, I'm inspired enough to have parts splayed out on my workbench,
an enclosure selected, am about to cut the bare PC board to fit.
Will build ugly style, use 3/4" copper pipe cut into 1/4" high cylinders
to provide a shield for each section, bolt a plate over the top once it works.
Signals going off to the next shielded section will have a wire through a hole
in the board to to where it's held down to the back groundplane using copper tape.
So almost coax, the one inch runs short enough that impedance won't be an issue.
But by selecting appropriate wire diameter and insulation thickness, might hit 50 ohms.

And if it works, maybe add another stage up front using a 915mhz SAW filter.
That first VFO would have to do something like 915 to 1500mhz.
Either a clock doubler on the 1000mhz si5340, or perhaps the si549.
But of course, I'll have a hard time looking at that stuff when it doesn't work.

Anybody have a feel for how well the cheap $200 laptop based spectrum analyzers
are doing?  Is there much reason to homebrew other than as a hobby?
How do those $200 units compare to a Rigol SA?

Jerry, KE7ER

On Fri, Dec 28, 2018 at 08:05 PM, Ashhar Farhan wrote:
the challenge would be to eliminate the if image. this could be done when you sweep to both sides and eliminate the image reading in software. here is an example :

1. lets imagine that there is a signal at 10 mhz. for this, we set the local oscillator at 35 mhz (as the IF is at 25 mhz). how can we be certain that the signal we are resolving is not at 60mhz (60mhz - 35 mhz = 25 mhz)?
2. we can take a second reading by setting the local oscillator at 85 mhz. in this csse, thr 60 mhz response (if any) should show up. else we can confirm that the signal we resolved in step 1 is indeed a 10 mhz signal.

one has to be aware that such a system will be slow. lets imagine that you have to sweep 30 mhz. the crystal filter is 10 khz wide. hence, we will need 30,000/5 = 6000 readings. if we can get, 100 readings a second, this will take a minute to complete the scan. an alternative would be to have two filters, a crystal filter and a 4 or even 5 section LC filter at around 12 mhz. we could switch to the lc filter for large sweeps. my specan circuit has a suitable design.

you are aking what happens if there was signal at 110 mhz in step two? aaaah, you tell me!

- f