Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2018 at 11:23 AM
From: "David Negaard" <draagen@...>
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: [BITX20] Encoder knob (with a nod to knobs in general) #ubitx #3d_printing #parts
While waiting for time to finish building my uBITX (and a suitable antennal—gotta love condo living!),

Lee

Very nice.   I wish I new something about Fusion 360.   I've been thinking of getting a Prusa 3D printer with my income tax return.
--
Lee - N9LO  "I Void Warranties"

David Negaard

Lee, I'm largely self-taught...I've been learning it as I teach intermediate and high school students how to use the tools available in this amazing age.

Just this week I learned enough to model and design an enclosure for my uBITX that can be cut and folded out of a single sheet of aluminum, even though I am unwilling to keep it simple. I'll cut it on a CNC router, fold it, and rivet or weld it.

--
David Negaard
C: (808) 214-8919

On Dec 20, 2018, at 2:56 PM, Lee <mr.olson@...> wrote:

Very nice.   I wish I new something about Fusion 360.   I've been thinking of getting a Prusa 3D printer with my income tax return.
--
Lee - N9LO  "I Void Warranties"

Tony Frey

Nice, are you going to post your file anywhere?

Acta non Verba

[...]

Hadn't really thought about it, but can. Wondering what file format would be most suitable, not to mention where...

.STEP files can be opened in many CAD programs, but might lose the sheet metal features available in Fusion 360. Could also include a .DFX for the flat pattern. Files for knobs and such (things to 3D print) can be .STL files, which is a standard for slicing programs.

--

On Dec 20, 2018, at 5:10 PM, Tony Frey <Tfrey326@...> wrote:

[...]

Snowist

@David, you can post your design in https://www.thingiverse.com There are some uBitx posting there already.
You can just add STL file or also include design files as well.