Topics

Sound card interface swivhing

Art Olson

This is a bit off topic so please excuse my ask.

Would like to switch internal radio sound card between 2 computers via usb-a and usb-b cable. Currently plugging and unplugging separate cables. Any suggestions appreciated

73
Art N2AJO

Jerry Gaffke

A web search for "USB Switch" finds this:
    https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-One-Button-Swapping-Between-Computers/dp/B006Z0Q2SI

Lots of other hits, some cheaper.
I've never tried using one.

Jerry

On Fri, Dec 7, 2018 at 11:27 AM, Art Olson wrote:
This is a bit off topic so please excuse my ask.

Would like to switch internal radio sound card between 2 computers via usb-a and usb-b cable. Currently plugging and unplugging separate cables. Any suggestions appreciated

Evan Hand

Evan Hand

I have used for switching between 2 Raspberry Pis.  Worked well.

Evan
AC9TU

d balfour

I have put in a dpdt switch in my ubitx. In one position it goes to the mic/speaker and the other position goes to the sound card. You couid put a dpdt switch between two sound cards on the radio side of things.

Timothy Fidler

He has one sound card in a radio - presumably an SDR tcvr thingy and two computers.    You , D Balfour, ?? have solved another problem - nice try but no cigar.