Topics

#arduino #ubitx-help #ubitx-help #arduino

john mathieson

Just picked up a completed ubitx v3 from friend who no longer wanted to fuss with it.  Am having difficulty installing the KD8CEC arduino program.  The rig comes with the original 2 line lcd.  I was able to upload Farhan's v4.3 firmware,  I have gone over the instructions for KD8CEC but when uploaded all I get is blank display. I'm sure I have missed something but not sure what.    Thanks

John AC8JW

Remi Bilodeau

ubitx.h, line 27... uncomment it and comment nextion display. (default)

I just do the upgrade, only this thing to do.

//==============================================================================
// Compile Option
//==============================================================================
//Depending on the type of LCD mounted on the uBITX, uncomment one of the options below.
//You must select only one.
#define UBITX_DISPLAY_LCD1602P        //LCD mounted on unmodified uBITX (Parallel)
//#define UBITX_DISPLAY_LCD1602I        //I2C type 16 x 02 LCD
//#define UBITX_DISPLAY_LCD1602I_DUAL   //I2C type 16 x02 LCD Dual
//#define UBITX_DISPLAY_LCD2004P        //24 x 04 LCD (Parallel)
//#define UBITX_DISPLAY_LCD2004I        //I2C type 24 x 04 LCD
//#define UBITX_DISPLAY_NEXTION         //NEXTION LCD

Evan Hand

Be sure you have the correct file for the display you are using.  For the original display the .hex file is ***16P.hex, where the *** is replaced by the rest of the file/version name.  Key is P for parallel. for the original 2 line display.  The txt file in the zip folder describes which version to use with which display.

Using the incorrect file for the display seems to be the most frequent issue with the CEC firmware, after being able to load it onto the nano.

Hope this helps

73
Evan
AC9TU

john mathieson

Thanks Evan and Thanks to Remi.  your info got it working.  The original software I downloaded had nextion selected  so commented that out and uncommented the original lcd.  Works nice.  Now on to the I2C mods.   Thanks again

Art Olson

The version you load should end in “P”

Art