Topics

Apparent component swap in design and assembly of pc board v3 #ubitx-help

Axel - CE3AFC

According to the schematic v3, capacitor C32 should be connected on one side to pin 2 (emitter) of Q32 and resistor R36 and the other side to R37.  In my board both components are swapped and so are the silk screened references.  Is this a general PC board design and assembly mistake or just my board.  Correction can be made unsoldering both components and swapping them again.  Just the wrong silk screened references will remain.  Any advice will be appreciated.  Thank you!

AndyH

My V3 board was from the 2nd batch late last December and is exactly like yours.

The boards are updated continuously - the schematics, not so much.

Advice?  Wire is up and run - mine works beautifully!

On Tue, Nov 6, 2018 at 07:38 PM, Axel - CE3AFC wrote:
According to the schematic v3, capacitor C32 should be connected on one side to pin 2 (emitter) of Q32 and resistor R36 and the other side to R37.  In my board both components are swapped and so are the silk screened references.  Is this a general PC board design and assembly mistake or just my board.  Correction can be made unsoldering both components and swapping them again.  Just the wrong silk screened references will remain.  Any advice will be appreciated.  Thank you!

Howard Fidel

Really? R37 and C32 are in series, so the order makes no difference, although the schematic is drawn incorrectly. Fix your schematic.

On 11/6/2018 8:38 PM, ce3afc@... wrote:
According to the schematic v3, capacitor C32 should be connected on one side to pin 2 (emitter) of Q32 and resistor R36 and the other side to R37.  In my board both components are swapped and so are the silk screened references.  Is this a general PC board design and assembly mistake or just my board.  Correction can be made unsoldering both components and swapping them again.  Just the wrong silk screened references will remain.  Any advice will be appreciated.  Thank you!

iz oos

Mine is like yours, injecting a signal of around S3 was clearly audible anyway, that swap does not jeopardise anything.

Il 07/nov/2018 03:05, "Howard Fidel" <sonic1@...> ha scritto:
Really? R37 and C32 are in series, so the order makes no difference, although the schematic is drawn incorrectly. Fix your schematic.

On 11/6/2018 8:38 PM, ce3afc@... wrote:
According to the schematic v3, capacitor C32 should be connected on one side to pin 2 (emitter) of Q32 and resistor R36 and the other side to R37.  In my board both components are swapped and so are the silk screened references.  Is this a general PC board design and assembly mistake or just my board.  Correction can be made unsoldering both components and swapping them again.  Just the wrong silk screened references will remain.  Any advice will be appreciated.  Thank you!

Ashhar Farhan

thanks for the spot. i will fix this along with other changes soon.

- f

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 9:06 PM iz oos <and2oosiz2@...> wrote:

[...]

Fine Ashhar, that was the idea.  Thanks to everybody else who gave some good and some not so good advice. J

[...]

Libre de virus. www.avg.com

Axel - CE3AFC

Ashhar, just in case among the fixes is not yet considered the correct pin numbering of the relays, enclosed find the right ones.

Ashhar Farhan

The relay numbering is odd becuase o hacked a 16 pin dip foot print into the relay footprint.

Ill see if i can fix it. Kicad has a library management system designed by the Hyderabad Municipality, I'd rather have my teeth pulled.

- f

On Mon, 12 Nov 2018, 22:31 Axel - CE3AFC <ce3afc@... wrote:

Ashhar, just in case among the fixes is not yet considered the correct pin numbering of the relays, enclosed find the right ones.

Howard Fidel

You could just put a note on the schematic and save your teeth!

On 11/12/2018 8:44 PM, Ashhar Farhan wrote:
The relay numbering is odd becuase o hacked a 16 pin dip foot print into the relay footprint.

Ill see if i can fix it. Kicad has a library management system designed by the Hyderabad Municipality, I'd rather have my teeth pulled.

- f

On Mon, 12 Nov 2018, 22:31 Axel - CE3AFC <ce3afc@... wrote:

Ashhar, just in case among the fixes is not yet considered the correct pin numbering of the relays, enclosed find the right ones.

Axel - CE3AFC

Enclosed please find the modified relay footprint library, for your teeth's sake...  Erase the txt extensions and leave dcm and lib after a dot instead of undersscore.  The system didn't accept "executables".

Ashhar Farhan

whoa, thanks!!
now, let me put on the metal knuckles and see how i can get my kicad to recognize them. i am constantly assaulted by the dreaded 'empty boxes' of death in place of components on kicad.
- farhan

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 8:06 AM Axel - CE3AFC <ce3afc@...> wrote:
Enclosed please find the modified relay footprint library, for your teeth's sake...  Erase the txt extensions and leave dcm and lib after a dot instead of undersscore.  The system didn't accept "executables".

MVS Sarma

Wah,
Axel saved your teeth, Lol.
 These dip version you have been using for quite a time.
 Regards
 sarma
 vu3zmv.

Thanks Axel for the service, to create and share !!