Topics

uBITX Tx timeout

David - CA3DPV

Hi,

I use an old laptop for FT8 with my uBitx and works perfect (CAT via USB). But sometimes my computer hangs (BSOD) and, when the uBitx is in Tx, the radio keep transmitting.

I use this computer via TeamViewer, but i don't wanna fry the power output when i'm at work and i can't power off the radio when my PC hangs. Can i set a TOT to protect my radio? Any firmware with this feature?

73 from Santiago de Chile,

David, CA3DPV

Kevin Timm

Get a smart outlet (something that you can control with Echo for example) and shut the outlet off if you have a problem

KevinĀ
K5KDT

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 1:25 AM David - CA3DPV <david.parra@...> wrote:
Hi,

I use an old laptop for FT8 with my uBitx and works perfect (CAT via USB). But sometimes my computer hangs (BSOD) and, when the uBitx is in Tx, the radio keep transmitting.

I use this computer via TeamViewer, but i don't wanna fry the power output when i'm at work and i can't power off the radio when my PC hangs. Can i set a TOT to protect my radio? Any firmware with this feature?

73 from Santiago de Chile,

David, CA3DPV

Bill Cromwell

Hi Dave,

Obviously unattended operation is allowed where you live and are licensed. Some of that is allowed where I live too but the problem you have outlined is the main reason I don't do unattended operation. The remote controlled power switch that Kevin suggests looks like a good solution but you will still have to know when it needs to be used.

Good luck with it.

73,

Bill KU8H

--
bark less - wag more

Howard Fidel

Actually it is fairly easy to modify the Raduino code to put a timer in it to turn off the xmit after some time.

On 10/31/2018 1:18 PM, Bill Cromwell wrote:
Hi Dave,

Obviously unattended operation is allowed where you live and are licensed. Some of that is allowed where I live too but the problem you have outlined is the main reason I don't do unattended operation. The remote controlled power switch that Kevin suggests looks like a good solution but you will still have to know when it needs to be used.

Good luck with it.

73,

BillĀ  KU8H